Looking For Livebearers

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay I've almost gotten everything I want. Just a few more things I'm looking for.

Blue wag Platy (male or female)
Pineapple swordtail (would like 1 female)

Anything that's not common, new species are always fun.

I'm also looking for some panda and bronze cories

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fishlover001 said:
I might have some female guppies available soon. I have some unique strains, but that won't come through with the females.
Oooo can I see pictures? :3 would you have a male or two available as well?

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
luckdown said:
Oooo can I see pictures? :3 would you have a male or two available as well?
Yeah, I think so. It would be a while, because only one has been born yet, but guppy fry grow pretty fast, and I can send pictures of the parents if you want.

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fishlover001 said:
Yeah, I think so. It would be a while, because only one has been born yet, but guppy fry grow pretty fast, and I can send pictures of the parents if you want.
Yes please. I'd love to see the parents :3

75g Discus Tank said:
I have a ton of baby feeder grade endlers, so not the best.

They should be all in size within a month or 2 if you're still looking.
Okay! Thank you :3

Ziggythecat said:
I have both and am looking to change up my tank, don’t know if I could get them to you tho
Aww well I'm in Connecticut if that helps any?

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ziggythecat said:
Yes, I live in RI, but idk if my parents would say?? \_(•~•)_/
Ahhh okay lolol. Well only one way to find out! Why not ask them?

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have some platy fry available if you’re interested. I believe only six because I’ve already gone to a store and sold most of them. However, I’ve never shipped fish before so it might be risky

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just wanted to bump this up and let people know I'm still looking.

I did end up buying 2 guppy pairs from a different pet store to start a line i had an idea for but my females died. I kinda don't want to invest in the stores around me anymore, their fish always end up dying really fast on me and typically don't make it past the quarentine period. Super frustrating. Especially because the only fish I've been finding online that would work for the line I wanted to do are all males, which doesn't help me at all -sigh-

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have some nebula steel/cross females, they would be prehit so you would have to destroy (or hang onto if you wanted) the first drop and make sure they are with the males you want them bred to during this time. They generally drop extended dorsal females.
I sold all my phoenix guppy project.

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mcasella said:
I have some nebula steel/cross females, they would be prehit so you would have to destroy (or hang onto if you wanted) the first drop and make sure they are with the males you want them bred to during this time. They generally drop extended dorsal females.
I sold all my phoenix guppy project.
I'm extremely interested in them! Nebula steels are gorgeous. Prehit is totally fine, I'm assuming any females I get will be prehit lol

Aww why did you sell all of the project?

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
luckdown said:
I'm extremely interested in them! Nebula steels are gorgeous. Prehit is totally fine, I'm assuming any females I get will be prehit lol

Aww why did you sell all of the project?
I needed to move them out, i had pretty much only females as the main male i had (a dragon) passed. It was a good start (several blond juvies with dark fins, as well as the red grass females i had).
How many are you looking for? (I have a whole tankful including probably 40 fry and juvies) Are there particular traits you are looking for in them?

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mcasella said:
I needed to move them out, i had pretty much only females as the main male i had (a dragon) passed. It was a good start (several blond juvies with dark fins, as well as the red grass females i had).
How many are you looking for? (I have a whole tankful including probably 40 fry and juvies) Are there particular traits you are looking for in them?
Ahh that's a shame. Funny how I'm having the opposite issue with my fish xP

If I get the males I'm eyeballing I'll have 5 males and no females (well none that work) xP so I guess just enough to keep them happy.

I'm looking for anything with yellow, red, pastel, flame tail/two toned, prefer limited black markings but that's not a big deal. I love pintails but honestly tail type doesn't matter much to me either. Fish that aren't these things but are likely to carry it work too.

I'm not too picky though, I'm pretty sure most things would work better than the females I currently have (they're for a dull feeder line). Such a shame I lost the females for this they would of been great.

Getting younger fish as opposed to adults is fine with me as well. I actually just got 2 batches of fry from people to raise up for other things. I know you can't guarantee color and gender with fry but it still works.

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So I just had two batches of babies.
If you want, I can sell you a grab bag of fry, or wait a couple weeks and get some of the females.

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fishlover001 said:
So I just had two batches of babies.
If you want, I can sell you a grab bag of fry, or wait a couple weeks and get some of the females.
Ooooo yes! I'd love that. Raising up fry is so much fun xD

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
fishlover001 said:
How many would you be I interested in, so I can make sure I have enough?
However many you wanna do is fine with me :3

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom