Looking for led light for low to medium plants

ponitboss

Hi good night I'm look for lighting for a tank 29x18x18 inches, it will be a dirted tank with low light to medium plants.

1. Amazon sword
2. Cabomba
3. Val plants
4. Crypts

Any recommendations?

betchern0t

I use two bulkhead light fixtures from the local hardware store. In them I have two 1400 lumen standard household globes

ponitboss

I ordered this and it seems to be working fine for my low-medium plants. NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LH2FJNC/ref=cm_sw_r_api_i_STQP20RH8VDD4KM79NR3_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
How deep is your tank, and do you have any pics?
I use two bulkhead light fixtures from the local hardware store. In them I have two 1400 lumen standard household globes
Looking for led lights like nicrew, finnex etc

betchern0t

They are led lights they are just not expensive aquarium lights

ponitboss

They are led lights they are just not expensive aquarium lights
Ohh ok do you have any pictures?

SinkyShippy

How deep is your tank, and do you have any pics?

Looking for led lights like nicrew, finnex etc
My tank is 18x18x18.

Attachments

• 4AED0DBA-F958-4173-971A-BD15274E9A0A.jpeg
    4AED0DBA-F958-4173-971A-BD15274E9A0A.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 7

dcutl002

Hi good night I'm look for lighting for a tank 29x18x18 inches, it will be a dirted tank with low light to medium plants.

1. Amazon sword
2. Cabomba
3. Val plants
4. Crypts

Any recommendations?
it really depends on how much that you want to spend and what you want. Have a look at these:

On the high side with all the bells and whistles:
https://www.amazon.com/Chihiros-Aqu...ocphy=1028224&hvtargid=pla-1390217385786&th=1

Good light with standard on/off:
https://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Stingray-Aquarium-Light-Moonlights/dp/B07RJTK5GR?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

programmable:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086STVYP...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Beamswork Plant LED:
https://www.amazon.com/Beamswork-6500K-Aquarium-Freshwater-Discus/dp/B074WMV7BX/ref=sr_1_4?crid=BWFM3SX6E308&keywords=beamswork+pent&qid=1654428319&sprefix=beamswork+pent+,aps,129&sr=8-4

The Nicrew LED that SinkyShippy is a good option also.

ponitboss

dcutl002

Ya, 10,000K will somewhat work, but you really want to be somewhere in the window of 5,000K-7,500K.

FishDin

I prefer a programmable light, but it doesn't have to break the bank. My Finnex HLC 247 was $70 US (2 years ago) and I think the Nicrew is cheaper.

ponitboss

My tank is 18x18x18.
Niceee
Ya, 10,000K will somewhat work, but you really want to be somewhere in the window of 5,000K-7,500K.
Ok will check the links u sent when i get home, can all them work with a 18inch deep tank?

dcutl002

Sometimes you have to also think about quality and price. I believe Finnex has one of the better light spectrums for plants.

ponitboss

Sometimes you have to also think about quality and price. I believe Finnex has one of the better light spectrums for plants.
Yes someone here where im from tell me get the finnex stingray 2, is the stingray 2 better than the planted?

FishDin

Finnex LED Series Comparison Chart
Yes someone here where im from tell me get the finnex stingray 2, is the stingray 2 better than the planted?
I would go for a programmable light. Being able to control light duration as well intensity is very helpful if algae becomes a problem. Also, you can do things like increase the reds and decrese the whites in the evening for a more natural end of day look. It also makes any red fish really stand out. You can ramp the lights up and down. etc. etc.

dcutl002

Finnex.jpg
Finnex LED Series Comparison Chart

I would go for a programmable light. Being able to control light duration as well intensity is very helpful if algae becomes a problem. Also, you can do things like increase the reds and decrese the whites in the evening for a more natural end of day look. It also makes any red fish really stand out. You can ramp the lights up and down. etc. etc.
Yeah, I am still using my "Old School" Planted + and it is just ON/OFF. If and when it finally dies I'm prolly gonna get a programmable light.

86 ssinit

Hygger 957. Fully programable no remote. Programs from on top of fixture. I’ve had one fro 2 yrs now no problems just bought 2 for my 180. And they are cheap.

dcutl002

Hygger 957. Fully programable no remote. Programs from on top of fixture. I’ve had one fro 2 yrs now no problems just bought 2 for my 180. And they are cheap.
Yeah, the guy that does Dustin's Fishtanks on YouTube likes Hygger lights: a lot of people recommend them.

86 ssinit

Yeah what I like best is the controls are on the top. I’ve got the finnex with the remotes. Remotes can be quirky.

ponitboss

I prefer a programmable light, but it doesn't have to break the bank. My Finnex HLC 247 was $70 US (2 years ago) and I think the Nicrew is cheaper.
How deep is your tank, and does it grow plants good?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Shrimp42
Replies
Views
dcutl002
  • Question
Replies
Views
Salem