Looking For In/out Plant?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by EternalDancer, Apr 16, 2017.

1. EternalDancer

EternalDancer Well Known Member Member

Hey, wasn't really sure where to post this so I hope here's okay...

My main tank is open-top, and I'd love to get a (low care) plant that I could sink in the tank, but has leaves up out of the water. Any I come across if the leaves are out of the water they shrivel up and die.

Any ideas?

2. max h

max h Well Known Member Member

Temple Compacta plants in my tank will grow up out of it. I normally trim the longer shoots off and replant them. The ends that have emerged from the water right now haven't shrived up after a week or so.

3. oOBlueOo

oOBlueOo Well Known Member Member

I actually have temple compacta growing out of my tank. If you'd like, I can post a pic when I get home so you can see what it looks like.

4. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

The bog plants might be what you are looking for. An internet search should give you the answers you seek.

5. OP
    OP
    EternalDancer

EternalDancer Well Known Member Member

My dad has a bog garden. I go over there most days, and comment regularly on said bog garden. I could not think of the word I was looking for, so thank you for that :)
    I did a quick search, but it seems everything "bog" is also "pond", as in outdoors.
    Will these plants survive tropical heat?

I'd love to see pics of the TC, all the ones I seem able to find show it fully submerged.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice