Looking For Ideas...

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Jnx, Apr 24, 2017.

1. JnxValued MemberMember

I've posted this before, but still haven't found a solution...

I'm looking for a way to connect my (indoor, small) ponds to the same heating/filtration system. I'd like it to be fairly inconspicuous, and reach all (excepting the goldfish) ponds, which are camouflaged throughout the room, so the lines would have to be hidden as well.

Does anyone have any ideas, or even experience with a similar setup?

2. JnxValued MemberMember

Anybody, anybody?

3. CulpritFishlore VIPMember

Hmmmm. Can you post a picture? I think that might help us figure out a solution.

4. JnxValued MemberMember

Only if you promise to forgive the mess , I'm putting in more stone (and orchids), so the place is in shambles:

The room is roughly 17' x 15', with the stump being on the long wall...
    First pond, lower left corner: 592f1e8e7e5e2b38642febf057535ec7.jpg
    Most of the rest of them: 6312f2aa48a94749e7881f56819283cb.jpg
    And the furthest pond out: 43f36a65192c2c647c385e31e80fa966.jpg

If further clarification is needed, let me know- I can clumsily lable the ponds, if it'll help.

Edit: those glass bowls are not part of the setup; they're housing surplus plants that will be going in the ponds.

5. vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

If I had your setup and wanted to do central filtration, I'd set up a filtration "pond" that was higher (or lower) than the others, with lava rock, water hyacinth, and heater. I'd put a powerhead/pump in each of the smaller ponds (or the filtration pond, if that's lower), to send water to the filtration through flexible tubing. Then use gravity to send water back to the fish ponds through more tubing, or maybe a waterfall for one of them! You'd have to play with flow rates to get it all fine-tuned, but I think it would be pretty cool. Essentially a planted sump.

I would definitely try to "waterfall" some of them into each other if possible, to reduce the amount of tubing and pumps needed.

Others might have more experience and wisdom to offer, but that's what I'd try :)

6. purslanegardenWell Known MemberMember

That's pretty much what I'm thinking, too. Whether it's by rigid PVC pipes or flexible tubing, that's how you'll have to connect all the water together. Count them all together as your total gallons and get the appropriate sized filtration for it. I like the idea that this filtration would be at one end of your chain of ponds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice