Looking for heater

Ssnaaiil

Looking for a good adjustable aquarium heater for a 55 gallon aquarium....what one do you have that you like?

Rits

I personally use Aqueon Adjustable heaters. Ive read too many things about other heaters malfunctioning and never had problems with any of mine for my 4 tanks of all sizes. Reading the stories of heater malfunctions gave me a case of heater paranoia. So I'm stuck on one heater. Also super easy to get in case of an emergency since Petco carries them.

Ssnaaiil

I personally use Aqueon Adjustable heaters. Ive read too many things about other heaters malfunctioning and never had problems with any of mine for my 4 tanks of all sizes. Reading the stories of heater malfunctions gave me a case of heater paranoia. So I'm stuck on one heater. Also super easy to get in case of an emergency since Petco carries them.

I’ve been reading so many things about heaters having problems too that’s why I’m looking for suggestions because I don’t want to buy one that will cause problems... thanks for your input

MissNoodle

I have an Eheim heater for my 46g and I love it.

For a 55 gallon id opt for the Eheim 200w

juniperlea

I have Marineland, and Aqueon standard heaters. If I could do it again, (for my 75g), I'd get two heaters. One at each end. That way, if one breaks down, ...... Same thing applies for my 20g. ps, this hasn't happened. But, if you lose a tank for some reason, then you have extra heaters for replacement tank(s)!

mans

Eheim heaters all the way.
I have one in every tank even my 5 gallons.
They're a tad bit more expensive but never have let me down. Even the one I had in my 55 gallon 10 years ago is going strong in the red ear slider tank .

Make sure you get a digital thermometer to verify the temperature

and then read instructions or watch a video on how to calibrate it. It's very easy.

kallililly1973

For tour 55 I would either do an Aqueon pro or Eheim 300W

Ssnaaiil

I’ve read many horror stories about the Eheim heaters malfunctioning and overheating or cord problems...not sure if I would trust one...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PNWBettas
Replies
Views
juniperlea
Replies
Views
Diane 007
Replies
Views