Looking For Good Tank Mates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idnar

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have recently acquired a 40 gallon tank to better accommodate the featherfin squeaker that I purchased after being told it was a cory cat. I am looking for suitable tank mates for my featherfin.
upload_2018-4-16_1-39-8.png
upload_2018-4-16_1-45-23.png

Some of the fish that I have been looking at include Bolivian rams, angelfish, and dwarf cichlids. This would be a planted tank with black diamond blasting sand as a substrate. I know that these fish have similar requirements but I was wondering if anyone has experience keeping them together. Could I keep 1 featherfin, a pair of angelfish and bolivian rams in the same tank? If keeping bolivian rams, how many would/ could I put in? Would 1 featherfin, a pair of angelfish and a pair of Kribs work better? Does anyone have other suggestions for stocking with a featherfin?

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say when it came to the dwarf cichlids, pick one. Either that you pick is best kept in pairs, a male and female. Something to keep in mind though is that that tend to get a bit aggressive when they spawn, so they may pick on anyone that comes near their little cave.
I have a single angelfish and I'm already having issues of fin nipping. So that's something to watch out for.
But that's all a matter of the personalities. I think it'd be a beautiful tank and I don't see the tank size being a concern in this scenario.

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do Kribensis do alright by themselves or do they need a pair? Also, what type of rainbow fish would you recommend?
I would suggest Praecox Rainbow fish as they stay relatively small while still offering great coloration. Some Australian Rainbows could work too but they do get a little larger.

Kribensis cichlid should be fine alone would not recommend a pair. When they pair up they can turn a community tank into a bloodbath. Could possibly do two female Kribensis cichlids though? Think females get along okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom