looking for ghost shrimp

1. Jackie Frost Member Member

Not that I plan to buy any right away. I want to have the tank up and running first for at least a month. (Four apple snails, two mollies, nitrogen cycle complete.) I tried both of my local pet stores but they have none. I also tried aquabid but the closest they come to it is something called "yellow shrimp". Not the same thing, right? Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

my walmart carries them. They are really inexpensive there. I know, things didn't go too well with your last walmart experience, but as a last resort?

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Hi Jackie Frost...ive moved your thread to the appropriate area..good luck!

4. Jackie Frost Member Member

As a matter of fact I did find some ghost shrimp for 35 cents each at my local Petsmart. However my aquarium is now going through Armegeddon right now with a 3rd Tetra Safe Start failure and ammonia quickly surpassing the 1ppm mark. I've given up on TSS and am just going to let the tank cycle naturally which may take a month or two. When the tank is fully cycled then I may reward myself and the uh ...survivors (horrid way to talk but that's the truth of the matter) with some ghost shrimp.:;soldier

5. David C Well Known Member Member

Jackie, I just posted on your other thread about your TSS failure. I had a lengthy conversation with Tetra tech support before I used it the first time and they say not to test the water during the first seven days because the product contributes to false readings. You need to leave the system alone with the exception of feedings otherwise it won't work.

Dave

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sure Jackie Frost will find your post in her TSS thread.
    Thanks!

Since Jackie found what she's looking for, I'll close the thread.