Looking For Filter Recommendation...

ChevyGrrrl

Reaction score
In search of a hang-on-the-back filter which is super quiet, yet efficient, for a 55 Gallon tank housing 4 very large fish.

Or... An affordable canister?

RyRyTheAquariumGuy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I use the Marineland Magniflow canister and I love it. As far as an affordable name brand canister, this one is one of the best at the price point. You could also do a Sun Sun if you are experienced enough with medias and canisters in general to set it up yourself, as they don't come with a lot of "paperwork" per-say.

If you were to go HOB you would need something big like an Aquaclear or a big Tidal Hob. At that point you could spend a little bit more and just do the canister, you know?

Bogart16

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would vote for an aquaclear too. I use them on all my tanks. I find that you can get the odd one that is a little loud, but dumping extra water in the back to remove any air stuck in the intake or not setting the lid on all the way works to fix noise. A 110 would work for your tank and give you a lot of space for media.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Aquaclear HOB or Hydor Proffessional series canisters are affordable, efficient, reliable and SUPER quiet (cant even tell its running).

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ChevyGrrrl said:
In search of a hang-on-the-back filter which is super quiet, yet efficient, for a 55 Gallon tank housing 4 very large fish.

Or... An affordable canister?
look around on ebay/craigslist etc for ehiem canisters. They're always around. and usually can find them for under $100.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom