30 Gallon Tank Looking for Angel Stocking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnob

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would like to stock my 30 gallon Tall with some angels. Can someone give me an idea of how many Angels I could have? As well if I could have corys in with the angles and If I can have cory's how many cory's? I also have a 30gallon wide that they could go in if that is better suited.

Last edited:

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the tall tank is like one im working on
1 pair with a nice school of cories for the bottom, would be an awesome tank IMO
if you go with the 30 long, same thing but with a bigger school of cories? and maybe you could add some other cichlids like 1-2 firemouths, or a gourami, or even a ram? ...but if you get a breeding pair, they wont tolerate anything but bottom dwellers if they spawn

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like an interesting tank. A school of cories should be good as they don't swim up And they're cute together in a school!

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the response Shawnie! Do you think a school of 6 - 8 corys would be ok?
IMO it would depend on which type...although we all think cories are smaller fish, I have some albinos that are close to 4 inches.....in the 30g long maybe....I think I would stick to just 6 in the taller tank ...but thats just me

flyin-lowe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Like stated above 2 angels should be the max in a 30 gallon. Since its a tall tank I would say 6 rather then 8 or more on the corries. A few cardinal tetras would look good in there as well. They aren't real hardy and need good water but then again so do the angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom