Looking for a source for a 29 L tank and hood--light

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Hootrvil, Jul 8, 2015.

1. H

Hootrvil New Member Member

I'm getting back into the hobby after being out for a lifetime! So much has changed but I'm doing my research and hope to be OK.
    Of course, I already have a problem! I have no idea where I can get a 29L tank and light! I've googled and just don't know where to go....I looked at my LFS, but they just have the tall style and I'd prefer the long...
    any suggestions?? And thank you for providing such great info!

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

If you're looking to get a 29L why not just get a 40 or 40 Breeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

I've never heard of a 29 long. The regular 29 gallons are 30 x 12 x 18. There are 30 gallons that are 36 x 12 x 17 I think.

As mentioned above, if buying new, 40 breeders are great tanks with a great footprint 36 X 18 X 17. I believe Petco or Petsmart is having a sale on them now too. You can get a tank only for $40.

4. Dom90

Right, just looked it up. There is no such thing as a 29 long. There is a 30 and 30 Breeder, both with 36" footprint though. But they are hard to come by.

5. OP
    OP
    H

Well thank you! No wonder I couldn't find one--I could have swore I read about that size and it having a good footprint. I will check out the 40 breeder. is it hard to find a light that would fit that size?

6. Dom90

No, 36" is a standard length so lights aren't hard to find.

7. bettamars

bettamars Valued Member Member

If you just search on Amazon for 36" aquarium light you'll get lots of options. If you don't want to buy online, you can probably find a few options in stores. If you get a strip light, you might want a versa top so it doesn't get wet.

8. OP
    OP
    H

Thank you all--I'll let you know how my search turns out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice