Looking for a light for my tank

Nickguy5467

hello. recently i posted about propagating my amazon sword.

so i went ahead and took the peice off and put it in a smaller tank . i forgot the gallon size (its 20" x 10" x 12 roughly) and i realized i dont have a light for it and thats probably not a good thing for a sword living by itself in a tank. does anyone have a decent light recommendation? thank you

edit: unfortunately you cant delete posts, I did a bunch of searching and just got a switch color light on amazon. never had a tank with just a sword in it. no substrate, just a hob filter, water and the sword at the moment. i hope the light is enough for it to stay alive by itself

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MHJLP7B?psc=1&smid=A3NLDYVM9BV76P&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Frank the Fish guy

This will not end well. The plant needs soil for its roots and a much higher lumen light source.

Nickguy5467

This will not end well. The plant needs soil for its roots and a much higher lumen light source.
oh well. that sucks, thats what i get for browsing on amazon after posting ><

but the bare bottom is only temperary until i get soil/sand . so hopefully its fine with some dim sunlight from my window until then

Nickguy5467

i ended up just moving the sword baby back to my main tank in a different spot after cutting down some grass. so hopefully it will get decent light there and ill save the new light for another time i use it. i mean it must be decent light in my main as my sword had a baby right? lul

dcutl002

Well, might as well give it a try and see how the plants respond.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
kattiq
Replies
Views
FishDin
Replies
Views
stephpartin
  • Question