Looking for a good LFS near Cleveland, OH

christine828

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I live in Lorain, Ohio and I'm looking for a good, non-chain, fish store. Does anyone know of any? I tried google and I have found some, but most were at least an hour away. Not to mention, half of what I got were places that sold fish to eat. Poor fishies.

We have a PetSmart, Petco and Pet Supplies Plus nearby. I haven't had too much luck at any of them, they always have dead fish in the tanks or signs that say "fish under observation, not for sale" which makes me not want to buy anything from them. When you have 5 dead fish at the bottom of the tank, how much attention are they paying to the live ones to know if they are healthy or not?

btate617

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Where did the reply from Harpua and myself go?

Brian

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
btate617 said:
Where did the reply from Harpua and myself go?
Brian

Harpua's has been deleted, any offers to sell must go in the b/s/t forum and not until a member has 50 post.
Your post was deleted as being irrelevant since the other post was deleted.

Edit: Or through the pm system, which also requires 50 posts

btate617

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Got ya thanks Lucy!

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry about that, will read the rules more closely next time.

Looks like your local aquarium club has a sponsor page. This has been really helpful for me in the past when I'm looking for shops. Attending a meeting is helpful too, then you can get the word of mouth recommendations from other members.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
btate617 said:
Got ya thanks Lucy!

harpua2002 said:
Sorry about that, will read the rules more closely next time.

Looks like your local aquarium club has a sponsor page. This has been really helpful for me in the past when I'm looking for shops. Attending a meeting is helpful too, then you can get the word of mouth recommendations from other members.
Thanks

christine828

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks for the info. I did come across RMS and Something Fishy when doing google searches. Something Fishy is a bit far out for me, but I think I will look into making RMS a stop since you have dealt with them before.

Also, thanks for the aquarium society information. I will be reading up on that too!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads