• Well it's definitely a fish...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hanra85

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Found some fry in my community tank last week, I'm not sure what they are yet, I've got schools with plenty of male and females in each so basically everyone's a candidate... There's neon tetras, long fin white cloud minnows, and celestial pearl danios as well as a pair of honey gouramis which I also found a juvenile honey last month, was about a month old when I found it so I can't compare it to that one as a fry either...
Anyway, curious if anyone's kept and bred any of the species I have in there and could positively ID them or is it not really something that's possible with fry this size (they are varying in size so I was thinking it's likely the egg scatterers since they spawn daily or maybe even a few different species breeding at once, oh boy... Here's a larger one I scooped out though...), I guess time will tell if nothing else. Any guesses? Thanks!
Screenshot_2019-08-04-13-32-06-455_com.google.android.apps.photos.png
Screenshot_2019-08-04-17-46-12-339_com.google.android.apps.photos.png

MrBryan723

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would guess white cloud more than anything, but could also be a peral danio.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Found some fry in my community tank last week, I'm not sure what they are yet, I've got schools with plenty of male and females in each so basically everyone's a candidate... There's neon tetras, long fin white cloud minnows, and celestial pearl danios as well as a pair of honey gouramis which I also found a juvenile honey last month, was about a month old when I found it so I can't compare it to that one as a fry either...
Anyway, curious if anyone's kept and bred any of the species I have in there and could positively ID them or is it not really something that's possible with fry this size (they are varying in size so I was thinking it's likely the egg scatterers since they spawn daily or maybe even a few different species breeding at once, oh boy... Here's a larger one I scooped out though...), I guess time will tell if nothing else. Any guesses? Thanks!
View attachment 578026
I say either gourami, or mountain minnow.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would guess WCMM the CPD's appear to have more rounded tail fins your little one has sort of a V shaped tail fin

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My guess is a wild type honey gourami or WCM. I'm going with gourami since you already found another. Is the other baby golden or wild colors?

hanra85

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My guess is a wild type honey gourami or WCM. I'm going with gourami since you already found another. Is the other baby golden or wild colors?
They're wild type honeys, I was thinking about buying a sunset at one point but I just don't want to risk my current male eventually not displaying his colors, they're just too nice to mess with...

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you ever looked at the length of the dorsal and analfins on a Honey Gourami? NOT a gourami. Too elongate for the CPD, and I just don't see the right body shape for a Tetra, either. That leaves White Cloud.

hanra85

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you ever looked at the length of the dorsal and analfins on a Honey Gourami? NOT a gourami. Too elongate for the CPD, and I just don't see the right body shape for a Tetra, either. That leaves White Cloud.
Yep, I kinda noticed but at that stage I wasn't sure if it's still capable of extending or not so I didn't want to rule them out initially, probably not though eh. White cloud or cpd was my initial thought though could use some more male long fin wcmm for the school so hopefully... Went through the video I took of it to see if I had a frame in there with a better focus on the fins, second picture does look pretty white cloud like.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom