Looking for a fish-safe dye

MrBryan723

I want to check the flow of my undergravel filter and make sure it is still putting out water evenly. I'm after the safest thing that won't stain anything. Color preference would be blue for esthetic reasons, but whatever is safest. Any ideas?

CoconutTheBetta

I want to check the flow of my undergravel filter and make sure it is still putting out water evenly. I'm after the safest thing that won't stain anything. Color preference would be blue for esthetic reasons, but whatever is safest. Any ideas?
If you don't find any dyes, you could always do brown. Just use Indian Almond Leaves.

Upvote 0

MrBryan723

If you don't find any dyes, you could always do brown. Just use Indian Almond Leaves.
I've thought about that, but i don't want to drop ph and it's a 125g tank, so it'll take a fair bit of dye... and I already have a Blackwater tank lol.

Upvote 0

MacZ

I've thought about that, but i don't want to drop ph and it's a 125g tank, so it'll take a fair bit of dye... and I already have a Blackwater tank lol.

It won't change your pH unless your KH is below 1°. So don't worry about that.

Otherwise there is food colouring but that will stain certain materials and can be harmful for the fish if they are exposed longer.

But that's pretty much it.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
  • Question
Replies
Views
QSmith491
Replies
Views