Looking For a Better Way To Harvest Snails For Puffer Feedings

Zach72202

Currently I have a space ten gallon tank as the snail breeding grounds and they are going absolutly bonkers in there eating, but the problem is it is super tedious to catch out the snails with tongs. Does anybody have an idea of how to make it easier to get a lot of snails in like a cup to feed to my Green Spot, Fahaka, Pea Puffers, and the four Figure 8 puffers I am getting today? I have ramshorn, pond snails, and MTS's.
Thank you!

Best Answer - View kbn's answer

kbn

What you need sir or (madam, pardon me ) is a perfect little snail trap. You can buy one online or if you don't want to waste money and a have a little more fun, you can make one at home. Just set it and you'll have a nice little yield all waiting for you in the morning (MTS like to come out and forage at night). Here's the excellent website i found and learnt from, do try.

OP
Zach72202

Zach72202

Huh thats definitely a good way to gather them! I will make one of these and it should get better from there. the hardest part is just all the pond snails are such a pain to get like 10 of them per puffer since my fahaka and gsp are too small to handle ramshorn or mts yet. Thank you for the information though!

Mhamilton0911

Well Known
Feed them something removable, like blanched kale, when they are all over it, remove the Kale. Can use any veggie. Super easy. I keep my own population in check by doing this.

New Threads