Looking for 1 or 2 cool fish, suggestions? 20 Gallon Tank 

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello,

This is not for my current 20 gallon high but for the empty place on my stand where another 20 gallon high could be. drool hee hee

I was just sort of playing with ideas of what I would want if I got another 20gH for that spot...I was thinking that I don't want to go with a community as that's kinda what my top was aiming towards eventually. I was thinking more along the lines of 1 or 2 (possibly a pair of something would be cool) of a certain cool fish. Or some kinda of species specific tank?

I just am not sure what if anything will fit that comfortably. I know it is small in the aquarium world. I'm open to suggestions. I thought I read somewhere that I could have 1 angel fish or maybe 1 goldfish but that they would both outgrow the tank anyway. I think I would rather have something that I knew would be happy even as an adult in the 20gH. (Though eventually I do hope to upgrade but please don't base any suggestions on that).

x for reading!

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A pair of trio of Apistogramma would work nicely in a 20. Once you get them breeding, they are quite colorful as well.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks, I'm already googling more info on them and the list will be very helpful too! :sign0011:

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
FROGS! Duh, if I came along I would have to suggest it!

You could do 5-6 ADFs or 2 ACFs, they are very entertaining!

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shell dweller cichlids are cool.

Not sure how they'd go in a 20H, might leave the top of the tank a bit 'bare'

I'm thinking about these guys for my next setup

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cool, Iv always thought about getting a frog. Its a maybe! I'll check out the Shell dweller cichlids too. x

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads