Looking at buying a pictus

Ruthie_S

Reaction score
HI ive had a pictus before in a large community tank. The little sod went through £30 worth of rummie nose tetra in just over a week.

you must think im mad for wanting another one or 2, but its a completely different set up. ive got 4 discus that are moving as soon as i can get them a new home, a GN plec an angel a spiny eel a crab and 3 wood shrimps oh and my ghost knife fish.

was just wondering if anyone new if a pair of pictus would be ok in this set up. non of the fish are small

jri4

Valued Member
Reaction score
to prevent more work on yourself maintenance-wise, use the rule of 1 inch of mature adult sized fish for every one gallon of water. also, use this chart to check compatibilty of fish in the tank:

Shelby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ruthie I had added 2 pictus cats to my 29 gal. tank. They seem to get along together just fine. They have been in my tank almost 3 weeks now. With only one casualty my smaller less than an inch platy. I saw them chasing just couldn't get there fast enough, Didn't eat but hurt, I moved to breeder net but was dead next morning. Other than that I love my cat's. very active always hungry will as much as you feed, till there bellies look they have swallowed a marble. I believe you should be fine, but they will try and eat it if it will fit in there mouth.

Ruthie_S

Reaction score
Its ok ive swapped my discus for 2 Gibbys - 1 albino one normal ;D

but thnx guys

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom