Look what I GOT!

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

After multiple days of same test results I decided to go look for GBR guess what they dont have any so I had to get something.Well guess what its a pair of Bolivian Rams. Here they are:

My little gurl lol she is a young one.
    [​IMG]
    My boy! he look's full grown im not sure
    [​IMG]

Is it normal for him to be chasing her cause they be doing that alot.

2. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

i don't see anything

3. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

HUh!!
    Here ill try to fix it.

4. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

There i fixed it I think

5. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

They look good, can't wait to see pictures of them once they settle in!

Keep an eye on your levels since it was a pretty new tank but you should be good, hopefully they calm down for you soon :)

6. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Now i see them. Very cool!

7. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Yea im watching very carefully! They havent developed color yet still a little stressed from the petstore

They keep doing this locking lip thing i think its agression but idk maybe just settling in

8. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Very nice!! They should color up wonderfully. I really enjoyed my Bolivians when I had them. I always found that they liked to be in big groups, except when breeding ;).

9. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Humm that's weird, I'm not sure what that could be. Are you sure you have a male and a female? I can never tell rams apart for the life of me, I ended up bringing home two males when I bought some and needless to say they fought constantly.

10. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

yea im sure I spent 20 minutes making sure.I think hes ready and shes not lol

11. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I can't tell mine apart either. It's either 3 males, 1 female or 2 and 2. They all get along though. Hopefully yours get along regardless! They are very pretty when they start showing their yellows and pinks!

12. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

He likes the spong filter tube she like the pot.

This might help the whole tank! I ordered driftwood which will be here on monday.

[​IMG]

13. TayJay76 Member Member

Hello,

Usually the females have a pink hue on their belly, while the males don't.

Since they are still trying to get used to the tank it'll be a little hard to tell, but once they get used to their new environment they will burst with many colors.
    It seems you have already figured the genders so that being said good luck with your new fish:)

14. orbelina Member Member

My pair did that too the lip locking thing...she came off worse in one little battle, and ended up with what looked like a bloody nose....and he chased her relentlessly for the first few days...
    You might find giving her more places to hide and making sure there is something in the middle of the tank (to disrupt the view from one end of the tank to the other) might help...that was the advice I was given and it seemed to work.
    Although I will admit I moved them into a much larger tank and they settled down immediately and are now like an old married couple, its really sweet...:p

15. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

did they start getting along after that few days? im thinking it just from settling in

16. orbelina Member Member

It's hard to tell really they went from a 35l to a 180l and straightaway Nancy got her colour back properly and then they settled down.. it wasn't as aggressive after the first few days though, although I did make sure she had plenty of hiding places in the smaller tank which seemed to help...

17. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

When i get driftwood Ill get some pvc to make caves :D

18. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

She's starting to get here color very pretty pink fins and he's getting his blacks back.And there not being as agreesive today there sitting by each other :)

19. orbelina Member Member

Ah cool sounds like they are settling down...another couple of weeks they will look like a little old married couple lol...they are so sweet...take more pics lol ;)

20. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Ill try to get a good picture of the colors