Look what I found :) 30 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by JessiNoel21, Jan 7, 2013.

1. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

So me and Taleigh went to a brand new LFS that just opened Saturday. So while we where walking around looking at all the tanks. I stopped to look at the feeder tank cuz if I find gems(beautiful Goldies) I buy them for my parents pond. Well found two gems(we'll post in Goldie section) but the surprises I found was two baby Bettas that the owner said must of come in the shipment in one of the Goldie bags. So we got to talking while his son was catching my fish. And I asked how the tanks where filtered and told me that it was a sump with a UV sterilizer. And that they QT all new fish except feeders for 3weeks. Their main food they feed is NLS Thera A and they fast Saturday and Sunday. They clean all the tanks twice a week and treat with Prime. All tanks are filled with RO water that they filter at the store. So here are the babies(they had bbs and went crazy lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Sounds like a great store! :)

3. kellyiswicked

kellyiswickedValued MemberMember

I just had a baby betta that unfortunately perished when his heater went out and I was home for break. He was such a little personality though, I miss him already! Best of luck with yours, they're just precious!

4. OP
    OP
    J

JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

They are not my first and more than likely will not be my last ;). They are in a divided breeder in my 30 until I get their heaters for there 5 gallons. I hope they come tomorrow they are Colbots slim 75w that I won an bid on aquabid ;).

It is and I forgot to say they drip acclimate for 1 hour before they put them in the tanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  5. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

Very cute! I love their little bbs filled tummies. :)

I want a store like that near me!

6. fishynoob

fishynoobWell Known MemberMember

Oh I love stores like that, and your fish looks beautiful. One of mine is very similar they quarantine everything, I have never seen a sick fish. Once a customer thought he saw a dead fish a staff member literally ran to the tank to discover..... a leaf! I always thought the fish were a little pricey but after a chat I think they are well worth the price. The betta section is amazing (and they each have a small but much-bigger-than-other-stores sized tank) and I am hoping to have another little addition some time soon. They have been going for 25 years, they give out sheets with advice and how to acclimatise the fish, they ask about your current tank, how long it's been running and it's stocking - and the actually know their stuff (at least the guy I spoke to did) added with the fact their equipment is about 1/2 the price of other stores in my area too which is amazing! Although some fish are £150+! Oh how I wish they had a part time vacancy!

7. OP
    OP
    J

So finally got a good look at them and so far they both look to be female and the paler looks to be a CT and the other either a DT or VT have to wait and see. Treating for fin rot on the darker one. I hope both are female ;). I miss Callie :(she was a joy to watch in my tank :).

8. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Alright the first blue boy/girl, i think boy for both, is a blue/yellow false mustard gas VT from the looks of it, if you can get me a good picture i can tell all. Definitely not a DT though.
    The second is WAY too stressed to say anything about color. Looks to be a CT for sure and possibly a Plakat CT if the ventrals are anything to go by.

Edit: They both have TINY little ventrals, even for juveniles(not babies) which is typical of PK.

9. OP
    OP
    J

He/she is less stressed now those where taken 30 minutes after going in the tank. I will try he/she is very active plus they both just got done eating BBS. The CT has a white spot right where Callie had hers that is why I said female but time will tell. I hope their heaters come later today so they can go in their new tanks.

10. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

If the CT has overposter then it is a female CT, no plakat. Cool it down on the BBS btw, the blue one looks very bloated. Multiple small feedings is ideal for young bettas. Also, having the CT girl next to the VT will help when she flares at the VT, young CT and halfmoons can get their fins to stretch a little like this to expand their angle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice