Look What I Did - New Birds!

bolivianbaby

I've been busy in the bird world this week.

Cupid is a yellow-sided green-cheek conure. He's 2 1/2 months old-he's eating adult food (and a lot of it). He's such a snuggler, that's how he got his name. His cage is HUGE, but the breeder was selling it at a really good price and bigger cage (with correct bar spacing) means more room for toys while I'm at work and can't have him out playing.

I also got four doves instead of two. The woman really needed to re-home them and they cinnamon-colored ones are older-8 years old. She really wanted me to have them so they'd have a good home for the remainder of their years.

The gouldian finches I went to the breeder for two-she had a HUGE cage for sale, so instead of two, I got six, although the cage can happily house 10, I decided to go with giving them more room to fly. They are all male, I didn't want any females because I didn't want to find homes for babies.

Attachments

• Cupid 111509.JPG
    Cupid 111509.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Doves 111509.JPG
    Doves 111509.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Gouldian Finches 111509.JPG
    Gouldian Finches 111509.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Gouldian Finches 2 111509.JPG
    Gouldian Finches 2 111509.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 231

Tony G.

omg bb they are amazing! LOL I think you have MBS LOL

the cages look huge!
congrats on having an official zoO! jk! LOL
nah, you will provide awesome homes for these babies..

iloveengl

Oh my! They're all SO beautiful. Thanks for rescuing them.

bolivianbaby

omg bb they are amazing! LOL I think you have MBS LOL

the cages look huge!
congrats on having an official zoO! jk! LOL
nah, you will provide awesome homes for these babies..

Oh my! They're all SO beautiful. Thanks for rescuing them.

Thank you both so much I had a green-cheeked conure years ago and they're just so fun. I've also had gouldian finches and they are one of the quietest and least-messy finches I've ever dealt with. They're also fairly calm or the ones I've had were. The doves are new to me, but when I called the woman, she had to re-home them due to health problems and she was a really good person who just had some bad things happen to her.

gremlin

Doves are a nice quiet addition. We used to have diamond doves. Your conure looks adorable! I love feathered babies that will cuddle. And your Gouldians are magnificent! Another bird I would have if I had room!

Lucy

They're so pretty. I love the conure, he looks so sweet.

Aquarist

Hello BB. The birds are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Ken

bolivianbaby

Doves are a nice quiet addition. We used to have diamond doves. Your conure looks adorable! I love feathered babies that will cuddle. And your Gouldians are magnificent! Another bird I would have if I had room!

They're so pretty. I love the conure, he looks so sweet.

Hello BB. The birds are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Ken

Thank you! All of these babies are very precious to us and we feel very blessed to have them as part of our family The doves are Shelby's favorite since they won't bite and they're so soft. She still doesn't trust that Cupid won't bite her since he bit me at the breeder's house. He hasn't bitten since we brought him home.

Tigerlily

What beautiful birds! I'm glad the doves found a good home with you. I love to hear them coo.

MissMTS

BB, they are just stunning I love birds, but due to the number of fish tanks, I am not allowed any, lol I'm sure you will enjoy them!

CHoffman

Was this your little secret!!..lol.. I LOVE LOVE them. Before I got my gliders I was trying to talk my husband into letting me have a macaw. I love birds but he had one as a child and I guess it was super messy and noone really took care of it so he was against it. He just doesn't like bird poop!!..lol.

bolivianbaby

Yes, it was

The doves are quiet, but messy. The finches are quiet and not messy (they were hand-raised, so they're not panic prone like a lot of finches). The conure is loud when we leave the room and messy (he likes to soak his food before he eats it).

Budgies are quiet and not really messy.

I hope that helps you

Fishies-for-me

I love your birds...especially the finches..their color is amazing. I saw a green cheek in the petsore the other day while budgie shopping. It was so cute..it was playing with our fingers( on the other side of a glass cage) like a kitten. It would charge our fingers and nip at them then back up and duck down... wiggle it's little butt and charge again...but in a playful way not an aggressive way. It was so funny. Then we found this little fella in a different store and fell in love with him...he is now our newest feathered addition. This takes our bird count to 3 .. 1 parrotlet and 2 budgies.

bolivianbaby

Thank you.

OMG-He is GORGEOUS! I've never seen a budgie with quite that shade of blue! Let me know when you name him. He looks like such a sweetie!

Shawnie

welcome to pleacoprincess and BB's animal farm!!!!!!
beautiful birds!!!! congrats to you both!

bolivianbaby

welcome to pleacoprincess and BB's animal farm!!!!!!
beautiful birds!!!! congrats to you both!

Thank you very much

navyscuba

Someone is gonna get in trouble for having too many animals and not having a Zoo License.

Shawnie

Someone is gonna get in trouble for having too many animals and not having a Zoo License.

she should start charging admission for visitors ..even family/friend members!!!!(gotta support that bad habit of yours somehow! :whistling

bolivianbaby

she should start charging admission for visitors ..even family/friend members!!!!(gotta support that bad habit of yours somehow! :whistling

You're absolutely right! Fishlorians would not have to pay admission though since their enabling (I'm not naming names) caused most of these tanks to appear out of thin air

navyscuba

You're absolutely right! Fishlorians would not have to pay admission though since their enabling (I'm not naming names) caused most of these tanks to appear out of thin air

Yeap just like mine they show up like the fog.

Fishies-for-me

I have named him already...his name is Beau as he was bought as a beau for our female budgie...lol

lorabell

WOW!!! sorry I missed this...THEY R BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! U know I love birds!!!!!!..Now u need a BIG one!!!!!...lol....good luck with them!!!!!

DRock914

Beautiful birds. I always wanted a finch but never actually went through with it.

bolivianbaby

Beautiful birds. I always wanted a finch but never actually went through with it.

Thank you. You should go through with it. Gouldians are not as messy and "spastic" as other finches. They're also available in a variety of colors. Nope, I'm not an enabler;D.

Plus, right now they cost about 1/2 of what they normally would due to the economy. AND there are a lot of birds that need new homes because of the economy, so you could save a life or two

Fishies-for-me

WOW!!! sorry I missed this...THEY R BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! U know I love birds!!!!!!..Now u need a BIG one!!!!!...lol....good luck with them!!!!!

Does it count that my parrotlet THINKS he is big??

DRock914

Thank you. You should go through with it. Gouldians are not as messy and "spastic" as other finches. They're also available in a variety of colors. Nope, I'm not an enabler;D.

Plus, right now they cost about 1/2 of what they normally would due to the economy. AND there are a lot of birds that need new homes because of the economy, so you could save a life or two

Right now is not a good time due to the economy, I stretched myself with the fish tank lol. I also have a cat that comes in and out of the house all day. How would the cat take to a new little bird (this cat is a big hunter)?

bolivianbaby

And here is how Cupid got his name:

Attachments

• Cupid Me 111709.JPG
    Cupid Me 111709.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 137

gremlin

Adorable! My cockatiel would cuddle up under my chin all the time. I still miss her. One of the lovebirds I raised (Twitters) was also very much a cuddle bug. He would fall asleep in my hand. I almost named him Cuddles, but he just talked too much to be named anything but Twitters.

Twitters asleep in my hand:

Attachments

• pic 69 naptime 04 03 09.JPG
    pic 69 naptime 04 03 09.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 149

bolivianbaby

That's too precious Gremlin! Cupid fell asleep on my arm at the breeder's. That's the moment I fell in love with him and knew he was mine.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• bolivianbaby
  • Bird
Replies
Views
Kathy Potts
  • Fishies-for-me
  • Bird
Replies
Views
Fishies-for-me
Replies