Look what I brought Home!

Discussion in 'Puffers' started by peacemaker92, Mar 30, 2010.

1. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

:sign0016: my new spotted puffer fish, Spongebob!

This lil' dude is my own bought present as my 2000th post on Fishlore and 4 years fishkeeping experience. Spongebob is my companion for my Archer fish (haven't named him yet). He's so cute! When I was floating him in the bag, he looked so anxious to swim into his new home. He was just swimming slowly in the bag and staying at one spot staring at the tank and looking at my Archer fish :)

After I placed him in the tank, he kept swimming in the bubbles from my bubblestone and my Archer fish always swam close to him looking curiously at him. :;fb

I'll be getting some more plants hopefully tonight as another present. I'll be putting them in my 55 gal for more hiding places and a more natural look :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning Peacemaker,

Yeah!!!!! New fish. Isn't it great? What a great way to treat yourself. Did you intend to add a photo and forget? :camera:

Doh! There they are! LOL Beautiful!

Have fun and enjoy your new friend!
    Ken

3. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Very cool. Will it be ok with the Archer though? Hard to tell from the pics is it T. Steindachneri or T. Schoutedini?

4. OP
    OP
    peacemaker92

Thanks Ken! Yeah, kinda forgot then noticed that after I published the post. :;laughing

Yeah, they seem to be doing fine. Info says that Archers and Puffers can mix and would do fine as tankmates. It's just my Archer keeps eyeing Spongebob so I'll look out for both of them incase any issues occur.

I'm not sure... I just did some research a few days before getting him today. All I looked for was Spotted Pufferfish. There's actually two different kinds?

5. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Aw, he's lovely! Someday I'll have a pufferfish too!!

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations! He's so cute! I love the name!

7. OP
    OP
    peacemaker92

@ Tigerfishy: Thanks! Yeah, go ahead and save a tank for one :) They're soooo cute!

@ BB: Thanks! Yeah, it was just a name that came to my mind when I looked at him. I looked at him and thought of Spongebob.. haha

8. b

bubblefish Valued Member Member

He's very cute!

9. jgon_

jgon_ Well Known Member Member

That looks like a nice GSP. My only concern is that your aquarium info has your 55 gallon at 31C, that is really really hot! The puffer should be kept at maximum 26-27C.

10. OP
    OP
    peacemaker92

I've been trying to bring down the temp ever since I got my 55gal. It's just the weather here in my country is like summer in the US but everyday! Cooling fans wouldn't work because it'll just absorb the water neither will ice, it'll just be playing with the temp making it go up and down... :(

11. c

chumzhujun Valued Member Member

Same here.. I am getting a dwarf tommorow... So happy

12. ayelie

ayelie Well Known Member Member

Oh he is a cutie pie.

13. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

YIPPEEE!!!!!! Happy present to yourself!!!!!! I love Puffers!!!!!

14. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Me, too!!!! So glad that you gave yourself such a wonderful gift. Can't wait to see more pics in the future. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice