look at me... i am cycled.. its party time!!

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
well after the 12th jan the tank tested my patience as i just filled it up and all i had to do was hurry up and wait!! and now 6 weeks later im done!!!!!!! oh yeah i will be conquering the earth tomorrow. it feels good.too good infact. so took my water to the lfs and my diary of tests and she confirmed i had done it!!!

two weeks ago i got 6 gold barbs from friends who were going on holiday then moving house. i was freaaking real fish in my tank. there are still 6 too!!!
three days ago after the good news i dropped in ten neon tetras they are only about half an inch long at most. and best of all the gold barbs cant be bothered with them at all. four of them will eventually be feeder fish so that will leave me with two teams of 6 nowfor my centre piece i am thinking dwarf gourami. just the one hopefully i just want them all now but patience has taught me many a great lesson

last but not by any means least... THANK YOU!!! to all of those that helped me through this. I will be having a beer for you guys.
also will post more pictures soon on my blog
the best thing was updating my signature

thanks again fishloreans

best wishes Dazzler

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
congratulations dazzler!!!! its good to know it can be done and there is light at the end of tunnel!!! i'm still cycling !

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good job!
Carol

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
hang in there tan. look for the light. its there trust me just sometimes in disguise

good luck and thank you everyone

regards Dazzler

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well the small tank is back in order...zero ammonia and nitrite and 5 for nitrate. perfect i'd say!! the big tank is still giving me grief!! ammonia 1.0 and nitrite 1.0-2.0, nitrate 5-10. thats every morning and every night before the 50% w/change. but at least i'm getting nitrite now, so thats a promising!! how long will i have nitrite for and when should me ammonia go down?
once this cycling id over i'll be having a ceremonial burning where i can burn all the records of high ammonia and nitrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!be glad to see the back of it!!!!!!!!! - and get more fish ;D

how are your fish doing? bioload ok? hope all is well!
Tan

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congratulations and I want to send my best wishes on the newly cycled tank. You did very well indeed and can be immensely proud of yourself. We await pictures. ;D

Rose

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
yeah to be honest i thought dropping in 10 neons at half an inch would blow the tank into ammonia smitherines. but just tested today still zero. i have a funny feeling that my filters 2x 1200 litres 1 internal and one external cannister are doing what i pay them to do and that is KEEP IT CLEAN AND HEALTHY> go my little filters go!!!!

dazzler

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
horay!!!! ;D

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Good Job dazzler! You really used restraint in not getting an overload of fish to start.

Fish in the Frozen North. -5F this morning.

The IDIDAROD SLED DOG race is starting in Anchorage this morning. If you are interested, https://www.KTUU.com will be posting articles, updates and videos all week!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom