Longfin pleco

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Sly-Fox, Dec 1, 2012.

1. S

Sly-Fox New Member Member

Ok so I got this Longfin bristle nose pleco about 2 Weeks ago and im not sure if he is a bristle or not... Hrs grown about a half an inch since I got them. I was just wondering if there were any Longfin variety if common Pleco because his growth seems kinda fast for a bristle.
    2012-12-01_16-06-34_714.jpg
    Thanks
    Jake

2. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

He looks like a longfin BN to me. I don't know of any big longfin plecos that are common in the trade.

3. M0T0

M0T0 Valued Member Member

Looks like LF BN very cool. Looks like he's doing good.

4. T

TheFishAddict Valued Member Member

Looks alomst exactly like my new longfin bristlenose plec!

5. OP
    OP
    S

Sly-Fox New Member Member

Ik thats what I bought him as, but he just grew so much faster than the others so I was kinda thrown. Hes grown nearly 3/4 of an inch since I got him like a week and a half ago so hes doing fantastic if I might say. Right now hes in a tank that just got ich which sucks.... I have two others also and one has a different tail than the others. Instead of just the fan shape like a longfin would be its almost shaped like an upside down T. Its pretty cool and I don't really know if its supposed to be like that or if it was caused by some sort of damage and just healed that way.

6. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

It's definitely a Longfin Bristle Nose Pleco. I especially love the Albino's of that species. I have 4 Albino Bristle Nose Plecos and they are growing like no tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice