Longfin EBRxBlack spawn - fry future breeding question

jmlore

I recently got a pair of Longfin EBRxBlack ram cross - and they have started breeding. I'm curious what you think their fry will be like.

EBRxBLACK pair.jpg
EBRxBLACK Female.jpg
EBRxBLACK Male.jpg

Do you think I should outcross the fry to a black ram to get a darker blue ? Or should I do one EBR outcross (with unrelated lineage), one Black ram outcross (with unrelated lineage), and maybe one from just the siblings ?

Their 1st spawn (32 fry surviving) looks like it has a mix of Black rams, EBRxBlack rams and EBR rams - but I'm not sure. The blue ones in the pictures are just fluorescing from the lights, but they are pale when you look at them. They aren't gold rams though. Their 2nd spawn was a lot larger - I'm thinking maybe 70+.. hard to tell they just progressed from wigglers in the picture above.

EBRxBLACK fry.jpg

Manjit

Nice aquarium dude.. love it

coralbandit

Nice rams .
Your pair must be early in lineage still.
Just a guess but getting all 3 colors says the genes are still flying and not locked in .
I would add more EBR as the black shows the most from my experience .
Where did you get your pair ?
I crossed the black and EBR several years ago.
Some of the best looking rams IMO .

jmlore

Ebay from someone in CA if I remember correctly. I got 4 (but there was a leak in one bag and 2 didn't survive - so I was lucky to get a pair. It was a recent cross - not an established line.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ErikaCA
Replies
Views
Cale24
Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views