Longfin Bushy-nose Plecos

1. JustinT Initiate Member

I just wanted to announce that my long fin albino pleco (female) and my long fin bushy-nose pleco (male) have successfully mated and we have tiny little plecos in my driftwood! I'm very excited because not only are these beautiful plecos, but they were darn expensive! Time to get my money back ;D

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thats fantastic!!! congratulations!!!!! what kind of filter do you have in their tank? Just wondering because my fry got sucked into the filter intake before I realized it. Pics soon? ;D
    carol

3. fletch Member Member

wow, show us some pics whwn they get their colours. It will be interesting to see what they look like. Is a bushy nose the same as a bristlenose?

4. JustinT Initiate Member

I think so Fletch. I think they're the same. However, I have a bushy-nose pleco in one of my tanks that is about five inches long, and the two that bred are 'longfin' bushy-nose. These are much smaller and have SUPER long fins. Longer than their bodies. Very beautiful to see them sit in the current with their fins flowing. I have a H.O.T. Magnum hang-on filter with two twelve inch bio-wheels attached and that's it for filtration. It does a wonderful job and in my opinion, the best filter on the market besides the Magnum cannister filter. I'm really sorry guys, but I don't have a digital camera for pictures...I'm looking into buying one, so when I do, be sure you'll get pics of ALL my stuff. (I really want you guys to see my discus, he's my fav.)