longest drive to a pet store?

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by beginner, Jan 3, 2013.

1. beginner

beginnerValued MemberMember

it would seem as though my lfs is not all I want in a fish store. not exaggerating at all, I can honestly and confidently say that I've been to every pet store and fish store within 2 hours of my house. I've made day trips of fish store hopping. I can easily say I've left a 8a.m. and made it home by 10p.m.

2. oscarsbud

oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

You certainly have me beat. I think the furthest I have traveled is 45 miles to the place I finally got healthy angelfish from.

3. OP
    OP
    beginner

beginnerValued MemberMember

that's still pretty far, eh? the things we do for fish!;)

4. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I drive an hour and fifteen minutes to go to the good fish store. 20 minutes to the close one.

5. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

PetDumb is 45 minutes from my house, but any other store is 3 hours away.

6. Ethan

EthanWell Known MemberMember

well for my fish i drive about 5-10minutes away but for supplies oh man..an hour 30 sometimes longer if i feel like cruising down some backroads

7. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I buy supplies (and fish too) online. I like having what I want dropped off at my doorstep :)

8. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

If I want saltwater supplies 5-10mins if i want anything else 15 mins depending on traffic... unless we are making the rare trip to Indiana then its like 2 1/2hours haha! My dfav petshop ever is in Lafayette Indiana!

9. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Psh only cuz your scared that you'll see a fish you really think you should have and impulse buy haha

10. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

45 min to the closest anything related to fish keeping. i swear that the closest person to me that actually knows what they are doing is about 1.5 hrs away. the worst thing yet is that the lfs has typical tetras that i don't want. nothing awesome except the one time it had dragon gobies, needless to say i leaped 20 feet in the air at the opportunity to get one. i live in the worst part of manitoba, sigh... no one keeps fish around me, wahahaha

11. escapay

escapayWell Known MemberMember

I think the longest I've had to drive to a pet store is less than an hour. Depends on traffic for the closer ones too, as rush hour can be terrible if I go that way.

12. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

I traveled for at least a good hour and a half each way going to pick up late Gold Nugget pleco.

13. cichlidman

cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

about a hour in traffic but i live in a metropolitan area so tons of every thing near by

14. troyvsc

troyvscWell Known MemberMember

Live in the city so I have 3 LFS within 5 miles and a couple of petcos and petsmarts in that same distance. It's a tradeoff for the insane cost of living where I am at.

15. Vongchanh25

Vongchanh25Valued MemberMember

My neighbor likes saltwater fish and drives 6 hours on the high way to get good supplies. I drive 30 minutes to a really good pet store that's show tank is the worst looking tank in the store . It will also sell you a tank with fish plants and gravel in a cheap combo

16. Cichlidnut

CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

The Fish Store I like to go to is 100 miles away.

17. AlyeskaGirl

AlyeskaGirlFishlore VIPMember

My only LFS doesn't exactly have what I want. But I don't have a choice. I live on an island in SE Alaska. Order most of my supplies online. Can never have fish shipped. Oh, the joys of where I live. 30 miles of main road. Lol

So, I don't fit well into this thread. Lol

18. lp89

lp89Valued MemberMember

Wow, I never realized how lucky me (and my pets) were.. haha!

I live in a fairly small city (population 120,000), but I am only about 15 minutes in various directions from four chain franchises - 1 PetSmart and 3 PetsUnlimited(Canadian friends can probably sympathize here, but I must admit this chain is slightly better than "PetDumb")..

I'm even luckier to have two local fish stores in my area, where I try to keep most of my fishy-business. One of the stores is only a 3 minute drive.

All your extensive fish store commutes are inspiring me to take the 30 minute drive to another local store in a neighboring town. The store is called "Something Fishy", how have I not checked them out yet? :;snail

19. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

I admire your ability to work with what you have. I just had a thought, though. Maybe the store can special-order some for you and get them in with its shipments?

20. lp89

lp89Valued MemberMember

It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask AlyeskaGirl. If the store is locally owned they may be more inclined to help you.