Long tongs for maintenance/feeding

JPH1970
While doing a water change last night, I was wishing I had some long maintenance tools for those times I need to smooth out gravel, or maybe reposition plants(plastic) and decor, or pick up bits of whatever doesn't belong in there.

I'd also like to be able to hold down pieces of vegetables to feed the mystery snails or maybe target feed the apistogrammas I have .

I don't mind getting my hands wet but I'm not a big fan of sticking my whole arm in the water whenever I need to do something in the tank. It just makes for a super sloppy mess.

My tank is 18 inches deep.

Any ideas?

JPH1970
bobduhgeek said:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088C13CRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They work well. I use them in my 55 - 21" height. I generally do the moving stuff around during weekly water changes. Like you, don't like putting my arm in the tank. I have a 2' plastic grabber that I use to remove big stuff, it's not precise like the tweezers. They are much better for planting.
Thank you for the recommendation!

Can you show me what this plastic grabber looks like? I can't visualize it

Gscribble
bobduhgeek said:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088C13CRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They work well. I use them in my 55 - 21" height. I generally do the moving stuff around during weekly water changes. Like you, don't like putting my arm in the tank. I have a 2' plastic grabber that I use to remove big stuff, it's not precise like the tweezers. They are much better for planting.
I actually just got these to feed my adf in my hex tank and they are totally worth the $10

JPH1970
Gscribble said:
I actually just got these to feed my adf in my hex tank and they are totally worth the $10
Then I should get them:)

Do you have anything in that tank with those frogs? I'm wondering about maybe adding 2 to my community tank. My son would love them.

Thanks

JettsPapa
Top Bottom