Long Life Breather Bags

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by GuppyGuy007, Apr 14, 2018.

1. GuppyGuy007

GuppyGuy007 Well Known Member Member

After reading multiple threads on multiple forums, I still am uncertain about how to ship using breather bags. Main question is what is the correct air to water ratio in the bag, if there should be any air at all. Also, can these bags be acclimated by floating. Thanks for all answers I can get.

2. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

There should be no air inside the bag, they cannot be used for betta shipping for this reason. (you can have a little air but you want to get it all out)

3. OP
    OP
    GuppyGuy007

More questions: can these bags be double bagged? Would it be better to use them as regular bags and only do a little water? Should the bag be loose or taut? This is my first time shipping fish, and I really don't want to screw it up.

4. scarface

scarface Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, you can double bag. I’m not sure what you mean as to your other questions. Seachem makes breather bags; they explain the proper use quite well on their site.

5. OP
    OP
    GuppyGuy007

I see where that could be confusing.... The other question was whether the bag should have lag in it, or no lag. I don't think that is proper terminology , butbi hope you understand what I mean.

6. Mcasella

The breather bags should have little to no air in them, this is how they are designed to be used.

7. OP
    OP
    GuppyGuy007

Ok, taught or not? It is bothering me now because I cannot figure out the correct terms for that

8. Mcasella

It should be slightly flexible to the touch, it should not be tight to the touch.

9. OP
    OP
    GuppyGuy007

Ok, that is what I needed to know. Do you have any other suggestions that i should know before I attempt this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice