Long Guppy Pregnancy

AJE

I have a guppy and I think she’s pregnant, she has been pregnant for about 6 weeks, she has also been in a diy Breeder box for about a week, what’s wrong? Is she even pregnant?

Lorekeeper

That looks sort of like a male to me, although it's hard to tell without a better picture.

AJE

I am new to this but I thought that dark spot was a pregnancy sign thanks

Lorekeeper

It usually is, but not always.

Just by going with coloration and the body shape of the fish, I'd say male.

AJE

Th
Lorekeeper said:
It usually is, but not always.

Just by going with coloration and the body shape of the fish, I'd say male.
anks

I will try to get a better picture later

If it matters the dot also changes shades from black to gray and gets bigger and smaller, but then again I am new

aussieJJDude

Its a male. Females aren't as brightly coloured unless injected with hormones - which make them sterile.

Mcasella

aussieJJDude said:
Its a male. Females aren't as brightly coloured unless injected with hormones - which make them sterile.
From pet stores they aren't likely to be as colorful, however many guppy lines now have females with intense color, however they normally do not have spots along the body.

AJE

Lorekeeper said:
That looks sort of like a male to me, although it's hard to tell without a better picture.
Since you
Lorekeeper said:
That looks sort of like a male to me, although it's hard to tell without a better picture.[/QUOT
Lorekeeper said:
Lorekeeper said:
I released hem/her back into the tank and my other guppy immediately started attacking him/her so I put he/she back in his/her breeder box. Why did my other guppy start attacking it? He didn’t do this befor.

trash.binh91

Looks like a male still

Lorekeeper

Definitely still a male.

As far as the attacking, the guppy might see it as an intruder. Guppies (and other livebearers that are popular) can be extremely aggressive at times.

AJE

trash.binh91 said:
Looks like a male still
Do males
Lorekeeper said:
Definitely still a male.

As far as the attacking, the guppy might see it as an intruder. Guppies (and other livebearers that are popular) can be extremely aggressive at times.[/ He hasn’t done this before when they were together though, what should I do, I only have one heated tank?

trash.binh91

Could be a bloated fish. Can guppies get bloated

AJE

What can be done to get rid of this aggression? Thanks y’all are great.

It doesn’t
trash.binh91 said:
look bloated, just normal

It doesn’t
trash.binh91 said:

It doesn’t
trash.binh91 said:

trash.binh91

You could punish the guppy and keep it in the breeder box for a week in the tank, and he’ll stop eventually.

AJE

trash.binh91 said:
You could punish the guppy and keep it in the breeder box for a week in the tank, and he’ll stop eventually.
I separated the victim, so should I put the bully in it? Is that what you’re saying?

trash.binh91

Yeah

AJE

aussieJJDude

AJE said:
Will try that.
Put the bully, but remove the victI'm of course!

AJE

aussieJJDude said:
Put the bully, but remove the victI'm of course!
How do I do water changes with my bully guppy in the breeder box?

Mcasella

AJE said:
How do I do water changes with my bully guppy in the breeder box?
Plop him into a cup if you take the water down further than the bottom of the box.

trash.binh91

You leave the breeder box in the tank.

AJE

trash.binh91 said:
You leave the breeder box in the tank.
So do I let the aggressor out until I have it filled back up? my breeder box is made out of cups.

trash.binh91

Oh, I have one that is a literal box, you leave it in the tank, you could take those quart containers, rinse it and leave that in the tank

AJE

Will do thanks my water draining takes a few hours

The guppy is out and all getting a long, except (this has been happening for a few months) both guppies keep chasing my one spasific molly around the tank, never nibbling just chasing what’s going on?

Mcasella

AJE said:
The guppy is out and all getting a long, except (this has been happening for a few months) both guppies keep chasing my one spasific molly around the tank, never nibbling just chasing what’s going on?
They are trying to mate with it, the larger a fish is the more likely a male guppy will try to mate with it, and since guppies and mollies can hybridize (offspring sterile) it will be a lot of chasing.

AJE

Mcasella said:
They are trying to mate with it, the larger a fish is the more likely a male guppy will try to mate with it, and since guppies and mollies can hybridize (offspring sterile) it will be a lot of chasing.
So the molly is female?

Mcasella said:
And does that mean my other two mollies are mal, they never get chased?

Mcasella

AJE said:
And does that mean my other two mollies are mal, they never get chased?
The fish can be male or female, what does its analfin look like? Females are more likely to be chased but all larger fish they think they can mate with will have their attention.

AJE

Mcasella said:
The fish can be male or female, what does its analfin look like? Females are more likely to be chased but all larger fish they think they can mate with will have their attention.
Stick like, but all three mollies are stick like, but the guppies only chase this one

Mcasella

AJE said:
Stick like, but all three mollies are stick like, but the guppies only chase this one
Is it different from the others? Such as a paler or less colorful version of molly?

AJE

The other two are all black this one is half black half orange

Discus-Tang

Has he given birth yet?

AJE

BringKermitBack said:
Has he given birth yet?
No, but his wife had

AJE

So many banned members responded to this thread!

Geoff

What’d you do to them?

AJE

Geoff said:
What’d you do to them?
Probably, I’m actually surprised I haven’t been banned

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom