Help Long Fish Poop

fishhh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello, one of my fish keeps having these long poops every few days for the past few weeks. I haven't seen this from any of the other fish, and he holds onto them for a long time as well. Why is this happening?

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Long clear poop indicates intestinal parasites. Your fish's poop looks green, probably the color of its food. IMO, The fish is just a little constipated. As long as its eating, probably no worries. Maby decrease the amount of food for a few days and let the fish have a chance to evacuate its bowels. If things get worse you might try treating with Epsom salt, but probably won't be neccessary.

altwitch

Reaction score
Looks like a platy, and while I don't have any the closely related swordtails I keep deuce more than any other group of fish that I have. For most of my rainbows, cories, gouramis, etc. the form the process spits out is whoa different seemingly than the way their tankmates get business done. Only our swordtails produce the long nasty tube of product and tow it around the tank for a while. That string does seem about 2x longer than what I'm used to seeing so may indicate something.

fishhh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Long clear poop indicates intestinal parasites. Your fish's poop looks green, probably the color of its food. IMO, The fish is just a little constipated. As long as its eating, probably no worries. Maby decrease the amount of food for a few days and let the fish have a chance to evacuate its bowels. If things get worse you might try treating with Epsom salt, but probably won't be neccessary.
Huh, well if it does end up being clear (sometimes it seems to be more white?) how would I treat the parasites?

fishhh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
He does seem to be healthy, doing his normal thing.. I can try to maybe feed him different things like peas and see if it helps. Thank you!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom