Loner yellow lab cichlid

alexizhere23

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi,

I have a yellow lab cichlid that for at least a week hangs out in the corner but comes out to shyly but does eat. He swims, breathes, and looks fine. But he doesn't interact with any other cichlids. Look at Aquarium info for water conditions.

alex

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
he could be at the bottom of the pecking order and the victim of bulyling, or she could have just had some fry and is staying close to them to protect them, if no signs of disease i wouldnt worry, just monitor for signs of bulling and look super carefully at the area of the tank he/she is staying you might be pleasentlly surprised to find some babies
best of luck

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He probably a lesser male,down the pecking order. I wouldn't worry unless you see physical signs of damage to him.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm sorry you fish is worrying you. I am sure these fine people will help you figure it out. Good luck.

alexizhere23

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
thank you ayelie, i am a worrier with my cichlids, i think they are all gonna kick the can any minute, i try to accept stuff happens but.

Amano

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
alexizhere23 said:
Hi,

I have a yellow lab cichlid that for at least a week hangs out in the corner but comes out to shyly but does eat. He swims, breathes, and looks fine. But he doesn't interact with any other cichlids. Look at Aquarium info for water conditions.

alex
To me sounds either like a pecking order or the water is not good.

Could you post water condition and stocking list. To make it easy to narrow and lesson the guessing.

Angela_96

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Its most likely pecking order, in one of my magizines it had an article about african cichlids and their "personality". Basicly they are like a group of kindergarden kids that will have your main crowd, your leaders, and your "loaners".... I always have a couple loaners in my tanks.

alexizhere23

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks, i am a borderline preventitive activist/ obsessive worrier.

thanks everyone

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom