Loner Panda Cory

victorfactor

Reaction score
Hi! Need some help! I recently bought 6 panda corys from the aquarium shop, brought them home and properly acclimatise them. All was fine I believe until I noticed that 5 shoal together at one end of the tank while 1 remains alone on the other side of the tank usually hiding and not very active. I do my research before buying fishes that's why I know they are schooling fish and now I'm worried about the loner, please advice!

NLindsey921

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have panda cories and they don't really shoal together that tightly. I have 8 and there is always one or two off by their lonesome. As long as they are eating and healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You provided the right circumstances so if one decides to be a loner (which can have several causes) I wouldn't worry too much.

OP
victorfactor

victorfactor

Reaction score
NLindsey921 said:
I have panda cories and they don't really shoal together that tightly. I have 8 and there is always one or two off by their lonesome. As long as they are eating and healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks to both replies, I will keep an eye out on their feeding habits, thankfully I saw 2 others went nearby to accompany the loner, hopefully it is nothing...

New Threads