Loneliness In Qt Tank??

Salty Betta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
hey all,

So I am getting a bolvian ram tommrow. I am planning to quarantine it in my 10g tank(guess who learned the hard way the last time they got a new fish??). I plan to keep it in the qt tank for a month, but wouldnt it be lonely as it would be the only fish in the tank? Ik its not a schooling fish but just making sure...
Also, it would be fine in a 10 gallon for a month since its just for qt, right? I will move it to a bigger tank after...

Thank you!

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Axman01 said:
hey all,

So I am getting a bolvian ram tommrow. I am planning to quarantine it in my 10g tank(guess who learned the hard way the last time they got a new fish??). I plan to keep it in the qt tank for a month, but wouldnt it be lonely as it would be the only fish in the tank? Ik its not a schooling fish but just making sure...
Also, it would be fine in a 10 gallon for a month since its just for qt, right? I will move it to a bigger tank after...

Thank you!
I really don’t know much about your fish but maybe a snail or a shrimp or some tiny creature like that could keep it company?

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Your fish should be fine if provided with areas to explore.

Try adding a ton of plants and rearrange all of the decor during your WCs so your ram has a lot to explore.

Salty Betta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
75g Discus Tank said:
Your fish should be fine if provided with areas to explore.
Ahh aight that makes sense. Also, I was thinking about getting a oto or simase algae eater, but well I dont have any algae at all in my qt tank. Would it be fine if I provide it with some kind of algae wafers or some veggie

Salty Betta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
75g Discus Tank said:
I wouldn't recommend getting any of those fish to eat algae.
Oh, I kinda am having an algae breakout in my 29 gallon despite regular wc and less lighting, been cutting a lot on feeding as well...what fish do you suggest instead?

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It's not a good idea to buy fish for the sole purpose of cleaning algae. You're the best algae cleaner your tank could have. Try scrubbing off some of the algae with an algae brush and/or switch the lights off for a few days.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom