London- Sell/Rehome Rare Betta

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’ve been thinking of rehoming/trading/selling my Betta Mahachai, as he’s in my 10G but I just find it a bit too boring to look at only him and some snails in the tank. He is too aggressive to place with others, as I have sadly seen with my RCS, and I’m hoping he’ll find a new owner who’s going to enjoy him as much as I have :)

I have no experience shipping/selling fish, so I’m not really keen on shipping in case he doesn’t make it or anything, but I’m happy to arrange a collection. I’m based in Greater London, UK.

As seen in pictures, he’s a wild Male Spade Tail Betta, and I’ve had him in the tank for some weeks now, and he’s doing very well. He’s in a cycled 10G which has been dedicated to him, so lots of cover, floating plants and tannins etc for him to thrive :)

He’s been fed a varied diet, having Betta pellets, freeze dried Bloodworms and Daphnia, with a fast once a week.

If anyone is interested in prices/trading or anything, please PM me :)

Attachments

Dewclaw83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
TW2AQUATICS said:
Hi guys,

I’ve been thinking of rehoming/trading/selling my Betta Mahachai, as he’s in my 10G but I just find it a bit too boring to look at only him and some snails in the tank. He is too aggressive to place with others, as I have sadly seen with my RCS, and I’m hoping he’ll find a new owner who’s going to enjoy him as much as I have :)

I have no experience shipping/selling fish, so I’m not really keen on shipping in case he doesn’t make it or anything, but I’m happy to arrange a collection. I’m based in Greater London, UK.

As seen in pictures, he’s a wild Male Spade Tail Betta, and I’ve had him in the tank for some weeks now, and he’s doing very well. He’s in a cycled 10G which has been dedicated to him, so lots of cover, floating plants and tannins etc for him to thrive :)

He’s been fed a varied diet, having Betta pellets, freeze dried Bloodworms and Daphnia, with a fast once a week.

If anyone is interested in prices/trading or anything, please PM me :)
Out of curiosity, you say he’s “aggressive, as seen with your shrimp”. Have you tried him with any fish other than the shrimp? Because most bettas will snack on shrimp if they’re available, as they are predators. My mahachaiensis does really well with other fish, as long as they’re smaller and not very active

OP
LadfromLondon

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
Dewclaw83 said:
Out of curiosity, you say he’s “aggressive, as seen with your shrimp”. Have you tried him with any fish other than the shrimp? Because most bettas will snack on shrimp if they’re available, as they are predators. My mahachaiensis does really well with other fish, as long as they’re smaller and not very active
Honestly in hindsight this sounds pretty stupid but I had planned that I’ll test him with the Shrimp, and then I’ll add fish. I guess it was silly of me not to do it the other way round. Which fish do you keep your Betta with? :)

Dewclaw83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
TW2AQUATICS said:
Honestly in hindsight this sounds pretty stupid but I had planned that I’ll test him with the Shrimp, and then I’ll add fish. I guess it was silly of me not to do it the other way round. Which fish do you keep your Betta with? :)
I keep him with some juvenile diamond tetras (temporarily) and chili rasboras! In the past he’s also been with neon tetras, corys, and Kuhli loaches, which he all got along with. For a while he was with some juvenile cave tetras and zebra danios - those ones were too much for him (the danios were too active and stressed him, the cave tetras tried nipping his fins a few times cause they don’t know what’s food, and that stressed him out). The only fish I’ve seen him act aggressively towards is some platys, which is understandable since they do kinda look a little betta-ish :)

New Threads