Local Fish Store - Suprised and a little Dissapointed

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, I was looking around at the local fish store yesterday and picking up a few supplies, and when I was checking out, (I bought a few neon tetras), my son wanted to hold the fish and I told him that I would because he's 3. The woman running the store said she would give him his own bag to hold. I figured she was going to put the rest of the water left from neons in the bag and give my son something to hold. She went over and got him a feeder comet and put it in a bag and handed it to him. I was like.......... uhm. But of course by this time my 3 y/o son was excited beyond repair, so what could I say? I thanked her and took my things and left the store. I was really suprised because this store is one of my favorites. Well, luckily I have a friend with a currently unoccupied fish pond who plans to put a few comets in there this year anyway, so I took it to his house and told my boy that he would be happier there than in our tropical fish tank. I'm not sure what that lady was thinking because usually the employees there are very knowledgeable about stuff. Maybe she was a fill in I don't know.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yikes! That's definitely not good, but at least your son will be able to watch him grow in your friend's pond.

It's crazy to think what people who work at the LFS are thinking.

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm sorry that happened, but at least you fount a good solution for the problem. Sometimes everyones brain has a momemt of duh..lol.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's nice she tried to do the fish store equivalent of "free candy" so I expect her heart was in the right place just not the best execution. Though she should have asked you first, in the end a feeder fish will get a life that doesn't involve being eaten and your son was happy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom