Local Fish Store Scam

1. WolfPack21 Member Member

Hi Everyone, I cannot belive my local fish store where I bought my 55 gallon stand from(Open Top). The dimensions the stand are 50x14.5 so the tank sits inside of the stand if that makes sense, on 2 pieces of wood (one on the left and right). Or if you are looking at it from the top it looks like []........[]. The dotted lines meaning that there is no wood under the tanks frame, the wood is only under brackets. My computer would not let me upload a picture so I hope you get the picture. Any suggestions on a stand or links to any good stands? Thanks.

2. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry, but IMO that's why it's on us as hobbyists to research thoroughly before buying. There are lots of stands that easily accommodate a 55 gallon, so I can't really recommend one over another. A lot of it depends on your budget.

3. click Well Known Member Member

Can't you take it back? I know it's frustrating but what's done is done, you can't undo what happened, you can only fix it .

4. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry you ended up with a stand that your not happy with. I've made purchases myself like that, I don't know many people who haven't made a purchase they weren't happy with. I would call the LFS and explain that you don't think the stand will be sturdy enough for your 55 and your not comfortable using it. See if they will allow you to return it. I would be super nice on the phone or in person though. It will get you much further with them if you are nice and calm about it. If they won't allow you to return it maybe there is a way to sturdy it up a bit so you are able to use it. I hope they return it for you!. Good luck.

5. WolfPack21 Member Member

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

to upload pics, they have to be under 1000kb size wise...so resize them and it will probably work..the old site use to size them for you but not on the new one :(

7. outlaw Well Known Member Member

Piece of plywood and a 2x4 / 2x2? I know you shouldn't have to do work on a new stand but it would be cheaper then buying a new stand and having an extra stand sitting around.

8. WolfPack21 Member Member

True, but I have a friend that will buy it off of me for the price that I bought the stand at, so I feel comfortable spending a little extra money to have a soild stand. Thanks for the input though

9. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Those Sedona stands are really nice, if you've never seen one in person. Very classy looking. :)

10. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Exactly my thoughts. :) Glad to hear you're not gonna lose out on that first stand.

11. WolfPack21 Member Member

Thanks, well he works with many different types of woods. So he plans on make it stronger and then re-selling it. Nice of him to buy it off of my hands thoughO0

12. rae64 Well Known Member Member

the new stand looks great! sorry to hear you got cheated... :(

13. outlaw Well Known Member Member

That's cool. Glad it all worked out in the end.

14. omnitheforsaken Member Member

I'm not sure if I understand your initail concern but if you're saying that a lfs sold you a stand for a 55 gal aquarium that will not support a 55 gal aquarium, that's against the law in most states.

15. crazy4fish_123 Member Member

If your budget is low than i suggest making your own out of 2x4's.