20 Gallon Tank Loaches behavior

RizenRose

I was thinking about stocking for a new tank(not sure what I want yet) and was wondering how active/interesting to watch loaches were.

I've had corydora in the past and loved them, wondering if they were as active and fun to watch as they were.(I've heard loaches can be shy.)

This will be a medium-heavily planted 20g long tank when it's completely set up and cycled. Thanks! :)

Noroomforshoe

I LOVE LOACHES! I have kept loaches for years, they have outlived every fish I ever got. some are more than eleven years old. They are very active, hide a bit during the day, but come out any time for feeding. I love to watch them massacre a slice of banana! I love to see them poke their heads out of their pipe decoration like moray eels. I love the patterns and stripes.
There are many species and many different personallities and sizes.
I have kept
Yoyo loaches, Zebra loaches and angelicous/polka dot loaches. These three species all get along, some other species might not, especially if the size is signifigintly different. You need 5 of each species or more. Zebra loaches could work in a 20 gallon.

yeti79

I have black kuhli loaches. Mine are very active despite their shy reputation. Larger groups and cover so they feel secure are key to active loaches.
Something else you may want to look into are stiphodon gobies. Would recommend a mature tank with algae for them

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nataku
Replies
Views
CHJ
Replies
Views
skar
Replies
Views