loach tank

Discussion in 'Loaches' started by chris02_84, Apr 13, 2006.

1. chris02_84Valued MemberMember

has any one tried to do this?

i'm gonna give it a try.....if any one has tried let me know about your experience...

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Love the river tank!
    yep, my loach tank is set up with 80 lbs of rock, a very large filter and a bubble wall set on high. I have Black kuhli Loaches, Striped Kuhli Loaches yoyo Loaches and Hill stream loaches. It's called the "Loach Motel" :)
    Mine isn't set up just like the river tank but my loaches like it.

Attached Files:

3. chris02_84Valued MemberMember

i only have a ten gallon so, i don't think i'll do loaches....maybe a school of white clouds or z. danios?

4. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

Just wondering...what do you have the heater set at Butterfly?
    That sounds like a cool tank, bc I love loaches, esp. kuhlis and hillstreams.... ;D

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

The heater is set at 75F. Thats at the top of the hillstreams tolerance and at the bottom of the kuhlis. The heater very rarely comes on, it's just in there to keep the temps stable.
    when the Hillstreams were in the unheated tank it was was staying at 75F.
    All seem to be doing well.
    Carol

6. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

I'm saving that very idea for whenever I snag a 100+ gallon tank, chris! I have the info printed out and filed away....

As usual, your tank is stunning, Butterfly. I'm trying to find some of that kind of rock for my ten-gallon.

7. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Got the rock at one of those places that sells rock to house builders. He will sell it for twenty to twenty-five cents a pound if you don't want it by the huge basket. even let us pick out what we wanted.
    Carol

8. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

A quarter a pound?! As soon as my schedule lets up (or maybe before), I'm going to find a place like that. How awesome!

This is a non sequitur, but I just noticed that I'm a hero member! Sweet....

9. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

Butterfly..... I love your tank!

S.

10. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Thanks!! Guess I need to post an upddate now that the plants have grown in some :)
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice