Loach stampede

1. Stuart42 Member Member

My Oto got caught in a loach stampede.

loach stampede.jpg

After the stampede went past a loach sat down and went on to share lunch with the Oto.

sharing lunch with the loach.jpg

2. renthus Well Known Member Member

Oooh, I really like the little cave behind them. What kind of stone is that?

My otos and sids seem to shoal together sometimes. It's kinda weird. I think it might be because they have similar coloring and body types -- light bottom, dark top. Have you seen any of that with yours?

3. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

Poor little guy!!! But looks like he made a new friend from all the chaos though!!!!

Can't wait to get my Otos

4. Stuart42 Member Member

The stone are Cichlid stones marketed by Underwater Galleries. The stones are ceramic. The one pictured is there small size, I also have a medium size stone at the other end of my tank which my clown pleco has claimed as his home.

http://www.bigalspets.ca/cichlid-stones-2-pk.html

My Oto's and sid's shoal all the time. They race up and down the glass together. When my seven sids and 4 oto's get going all at once it quite something to see.

5. renthus Well Known Member Member

Oh no, not that stone. I meant the little red slabs that you put together to form a cave.

6. Stuart42 Member Member

The red slabs are sheets of red slate. I got it at my LFS for a $1.50 a pound. I just found some smaller pieces and used some aquarium silicon to make sure it stayed in one place.

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Your pictures and text to go with them are very entertaining!

8. Stuart42 Member Member

Thank you.