Loach for my 29

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was curious if my tank is big enough to have any loaches in it. I have 2 orange swordtails and 2 black mollies that is in the tank right now what would be a good suggestion for a loach? I would be willing to get at least three if they would fit.

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 150 filter by marineland and Maxi-Jet 400 by Marineland as well in my tank will that be enough oxygen and water movement for loaches?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OOOHHHH Loaches I love loaches (I have 8 species of loach) Kuhlis (Pangio Kuhlii), yoyos (Botia almorhae), dwarf loaches (Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki), Botia striata and on and on. I have clown loaches but they get much too big for your tank. Loaches like to be kept in groups of three or more and I recommend the kuhlis be kept in larger groups than that.
check this site out but research the sizes of the ones you decide you want. https://www.loaches.com/
Carol

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
i think i am going to buy one because i just set up my new 29 gallon tank and i moved a palm tree decor over from my other tank into my new one and i have snails in my new tank now i think once my tank gets cycled i will buy one and let it eat my snails any suggestion of ones that are good at this?

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention i have a over population of snails in my ten gallon and my brother all does in his ten gallon i will just feed them to the loach. Will the loaches completely clean your tank of snails?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't see any snails in the tanks I have loaches in. My kuhlis don't eat snails but all the others do. By the way loaches like to be in groups so I suggest at least three.
Carol

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
No worries i will have at least 5 in my tank

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom