Loach buried in sand.

TheSpasticCorydora

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I saw my loach bury itself in the sand for the first time yesterday. Something really startled it and it shot under the sand. None of my loaches have ever done it before but it was super cute to see it peeking out. Then my corydora came by and "kissed" it and startled it back under.

I was wondering how often do other peoples' loaches bury themselves? Mine never do except this one time. I know it's normal for them to want to bury themselves sometimes. I just never see mine do it.

Attachments

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I assume they are kuhlis since your info states that? If so then it is probably normal they like to get into unusual places and hide under wood and inbetween roots.

TheSpasticCorydora

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FinalFins said:
I assume they are kuhlis since your info states that? If so then it is probably normal they like to get into unusual places and hide under wood and inbetween roots.
Yes. They are. It rare for mine to literally bury themselves under sand. So I was more wondering how often do other people's bury themselves. Mine go under stuff a lot i actually see them quite a lot they love to come out and zoom around.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
do you have a good size school of them? I hear they like to be around 10+ "friends" ...just curious. Hope to have some eventually.. but corys never disappoint as far as entertainment either.:)

TheSpasticCorydora

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
do you have a good size school of them? I hear they like to be around 10+ "friends" ...just curious. Hope to have some eventually.. but corys never disappoint as far as entertainment either.:)
I have 6 id like to buy a few more. I love these guys. I have a 55gal.so I have space for a few more

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom