Loach And Pleco?

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
So a pet store closed down recently and did a big sale today and I bought 2 fish.... I think one of them is a zebra loach but I’m not sure about the pleco.

Unfortunately I don’t have a actual quaritean setup that I can put them in right now so I’m putting them in my 20 gallon with guppies but I will be putting them in my 90 gallon as I know they are healthy.
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
 

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,912
Reaction score
7,353
Points
598
Experience
Just started
Okay, then it’s still a juvenile. The mature males have numerous, somewhat longish bristles around the mouth area, hence the common name. The females can have them too, but are much fewer.

I’m not a loach person, but that does appear to be a Zebra.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
I got the loach because I thought it was a zebra but I feel better someone else also thinks it was a zebra. The pleco was just in the bag with it so i ended up buying them both (it was like $2 for both) so I'm glad both of them will work out in my tanks.

Now the fun will begin when I have to remove them from the 20 gallon and move them to the 90 gallon lol.
 

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
2,515
Points
288
Experience
2 years
LaniKai said:
I got the loach because I thought it was a zebra but I feel better someone else also thinks it was a zebra. The pleco was just in the bag with it so i ended up buying them both (it was like $2 for both) so I'm glad both of them will work out in my tanks.

Now the fun will begin when I have to remove them from the 20 gallon and move them to the 90 gallon lol.
Make sure it is cycled and that the loach gets a school!
 

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
4,378
Points
458
Experience
5 to 10 years
Pleco is a bristlenose, it has the white fin edges and shape of a bn.
And zebra loach.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
Discus-Tang said:
Make sure it is cycled and that the loach gets a school!
I’ve had this tank running for years with fish in it so it better better be cycled lol. As soon as I can afford it I will buy 5 more loaches for him.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #10

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
MikeRad89 said:
Can you get a better picture of the pleco? I think it may be a species of clown pleco.
He’s hiding a lot right now but I’ll try to get better photos of him later today.
 

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Messages
76
Reaction score
27
Points
18
Experience
5 to 10 years
LaniKai said:
So a pet store closed down recently and did a big sale today and I bought 2 fish.... I think one of them is a zebra loach but I’m not sure about the pleco.

Unfortunately I don’t have a actual quaritean setup that I can put them in right now so I’m putting them in my 20 gallon with guppies but I will be putting them in my 90 gallon as I know they are healthy.
View attachment 437787View attachment 437788
Yes, a bristlenose pleco and a zebra loach. I have had a different breed of zebra loach in the past, but he died
IMG_20180123_220458.jpg
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
Image1527211213.474822.jpg
Image1527211229.159753.jpg

I know I’m a bit late but I finally got some better pictures of the pleco
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom