Living room is full of aquariums!

armadillo
And I haven't even taken a picture of Thijs' 3 tanks on the other side of the room (dwarf puffers, hognose puffer and snail farm). We're officially nuts. The one on the floor is the hospital tank, btw. It won't be up and running all the time.

Peterpiper
Looking good Laure-Anne.... but there is still lots of room on the tables lol

armadillo
ha ha ha. I'll make sure I mention that omission to my husband.

Butterfly
Love it!! Now your getting into the mood of things MTS YAY!
carol

Allie
Looks familiar...lol. We put the betta tanks in the bedroom and the fry tank on the kitchen counter here. Sold the 20 & 2 30gs
Our living room was starting to look silly.

Dino
Back before we had the fishhouse, I had 30 tanks set up between both my and my parents houses.

TheEssigs
MTS is alive and well here too! 11 and counting... We had a mishap with our 5hex,but the replacement is on the way.

I even asked Santa for a 120G!

Allie
MTS is alive and well here too! 11 and counting... We had a mishap with our 5hex,but the replacement is on the way.

120g tank is an awesome size. I love ours. Hope Santa brings you one.

TheEssigs
me too, me too, me too!

Dino
Geez, always put the pressure on me.

TheEssigs
No pressure.... but I have been very good this year! lol

zigmeister
I would love to get rid of my big screen TV and put a BIG corner tank in its place. I wonder if Santa would bring me one. I've been fairly good. Well, I guess that really depends on who you ask...lol!

TheEssigs
I tried to convince my husband that 2 corner tanks one on either side of my dining room hutch would look really great, but no dice... so I asked for a 120 gallon instead. We will see... (fingers crossed)...

armadillo
He he he he, my brother in law is really shocked. He really doesn't get it. He's always tutting and saying: but this place is like a fishstore...
Love it!! Now your getting into the mood of things MTS YAY!
carol

Ooooooh, 2 corner tanks. What a great idea! I hope you get the 120G.
I tried to convince my husband that 2 corner tanks one on either side of my dining room hutch would look really great, but no dice... so I asked for a 120 gallon instead. We will see... (fingers crossed)...

Next thing to go for us is the piano, LOL.
I would love to get rid of my big screen TV and put a BIG corner tank in its place. I wonder if Santa would bring me one. I've been fairly good. Well, I guess that really depends on who you ask...lol!

Well, I sure wish you strength in this time of hardship. You mean you temporarily ONLY have 10 tanks? How do you cope?

Wow, that's A LOT of tanks! Moving must have been ****.
Back before we had the fishhouse, I had 30 tanks set up between both my and my parents houses.

Yep, it's the untold rule, isn't it? Thou shall not have a kitchen counter.
Looks familiar...lol. We put the betta tanks in the bedroom and the fry tank on the kitchen counter here. Sold the 20 & 2 30gs
Our living room was starting to look silly.

Dino
Na, we moved them a few at a time, so it was no hassel.

TheEssigs
There are a lot of tanks, but well spread out, so its not silly.... well, yet.

Dont get rid of it... a piano sounds like a sturdy tank stand.

Hmmmm... maybe you can put one on top of it... or a trio of mini-bow betta tanks

unless of course you play it, then that would be a problem...

COBettaCouple
lol, I thought the same thing when I looked at the pictures. And you can replace that dining table with an aquarium table.

armadillo
And you think you're joking why? That has soooo seriously crossed my mind, like, so many times!
Dont get rid of it... a piano sounds like a sturdy tank stand.

Hmmmm... maybe you can put one on top of it... or a trio of mini-bow betta tanks

unless of course you play it, then that would be a problem...

Yeah, I think we're one tank away from silly. Now, it's just a reasonable number of tanks (by fishlore standards, LOL). I think it'll look better when the hospital tank is put away too.
There are a lot of tanks, but well spread out, so its not silly.... well, yet.

TheEssigs
Yeah, I think we're one tank away from silly. Now, it's just a reasonable number of tanks (by fishlore standards, LOL). I think it'll look better when the hospital tank is put away too.

ooopppps! I meant that there are a lot at our house... :-[

armadillo
Oh I was kidding!

TheEssigs
When does MTS stop anyway? I thought our last, last tank, was our last tank... but here we are talking about yet another one?

Yeesh! I might have to add on to the house just to fit more tanks in here!

Dino
Bwhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

It never stops.

TheEssigs
yea... keep laughing you jolly ol elf... you just better deliver!... that's all I'm saying!

Dino
Don't make me call out the elves/ninjas.

And I just realigned the lasers on the deer antlers, so watch out.

TheEssigs
That's ok, we have radar!!

Dino
Bah, we wear aluminum under our hats, so you cannot see us on radar.

OK, maybe I should start another post, this has gotten way off subject.

Butterfly
MTS never stops you can only treat the symptoms with another tank and a few more fish.
Before we moved in may I had to break down 16 tanks(and not a few at a time either and no we didn't have a living room.). that was awful, now we're almost back up to that number again but we have a bigger house now and temporarily have a living room LOL
Carol

atmmachine816
Nice, maybe if my dad say that he wouldn't complain so much about my two tanks being by him. congrats, get more tanks

Tazmiche
ok so my story Re MTS is I moved back in with my folks almost 2 years ago after a break up. A tempory solution to get my head together and save mortgage deposit money!!

I had to say goodbye to 'Fishie', mine and my ex's last goldfish as my ex wouldn't part with him so last December for my birthday my folks got me a 30 ltr tank with cherry barbs. Added fish, then came the second tank then third etc etc etc!! SO now this tempory set up is not so easy!!! A place of my own big enough for me, my 2 house rabbits, dogs and the tanks on my budget is a dream at the moment, I would have to sell my horse to save money but she is my baby buddy so NO WAY!! This is a big house luckily, kitchen has 3 tanks,dining room has 1cycling, 2 in my bedroom and 1 in the study. If this wasn't my folks house there would be MANY more!

0morrokh
Nice house Armadillo.....looks a bit like my room.;D

Wolfgang8810
dotn you ever worry that someone might break the tanks on the floor? That would be a constant nightmare for me

Peterpiper

Hey.. Strip the guts out of the piano cut holes in the sides an put ya tanks in

armadillo
You think you're joking? That's what my mom did with my baby grand piano back home. I was away at university and she called me to say she'd sawed the legs off, gutted it, and propped it upright to make a cupboard out of it! I was sooooo annoyed with her.

Yeah, for sure. I left it there for a stupid reason (we were moving all our fish and tanks around, and this one was 1/2 empty and about to be moved to a more suitable place when I noticed this sick fish, so I was distracted and started treating immediately). Now I'd like to wait until he's better to move it to a proper place. But you're right, really not ideal.
dotn you ever worry that someone might break the tanks on the floor? That would be a constant nightmare for me

That's a little like us. MTS can sometimes tie you down (but it's worth it, don't get me wrong, LOL). I'd hate the idea of staying in The Netherlands indefinitely, but if we move country, I imagine the absolute nightmare of moving all our tanks and fish.
ok so my story Re MTS is I moved back in with my folks almost 2 years ago after a break up. A tempory solution to get my head together and save mortgage deposit money!!

I had to say goodbye to 'Fishie', mine and my ex's last goldfish as my ex wouldn't part with him so last December for my birthday my folks got me a 30 ltr tank with cherry barbs. Added fish, then came the second tank then third etc etc etc!! SO now this tempory set up is not so easy!!! A place of my own big enough for me, my 2 house rabbits, dogs and the tanks on my budget is a dream at the moment, I would have to sell my horse to save money but she is my baby buddy so NO WAY!! This is a big house luckily, kitchen has 3 tanks,dining room has 1cycling, 2 in my bedroom and 1 in the study. If this wasn't my folks house there would be MANY more!

Yeah, am not looking forward to moving house. That's going to be a n.i.g.h.t.m.a.r.e!
MTS never stops you can only treat the symptoms with another tank and a few more fish.
Before we moved in may I had to break down 16 tanks(and not a few at a time either and no we didn't have a living room.). that was awful, now we're almost back up to that number again but we have a bigger house now and temporarily have a living room LOL
Carol

That's a good questoin: when DOES it stop? I sometimes wonder what our house will be like in 80 years' time, crawling under giant fish tanks all over the place. Actually, keeping fish is quite a physical job, I don't think we'd be able to do it if we were elderly, so I guess that's when we'd need to stop.
When does MTS stop anyway? I thought our last, last tank, was our last tank... but here we are talking about yet another one?

Yeesh! I might have to add on to the house just to fit more tanks in here!

Jimold
I'm battling a horrible case right now. I just DON'T have the room for another tank... but my old 44 gallon Hex is still sitting in storage. Some of you here might remember that tank, the old snake tank I had before my bowfront, the one that had all the fungus problems.
Well, now that I sort of know what I'm doing (yeah right.....) I refuse to believe that tank can't be cleaned and sterilized............

wait... what if I used a couple UV sterilizer bulbs???? I cound pick one up to fit one of my smalll lights for only $10.00. I wonder what would happen if I put the tank out in the garage and hit it with that for a couple days? That's a thought...

Anyway, I'm babbling. My point is I have a second tank that I'm DYING to set up. But I don't have the extra $$$ or the extra room right now.

Having MTS sucks, having MTS and owning a second tank you can't use is just cruel....

Isabella
Armadillo, LOVE the pillows with the kitty and the dog in your kitchen! LOL ;D And as someone else has mentioned: Not bad, but there's still room on the tables l.

armadillo
Wow, Jim. That's like an alcoholic having to live with a half-full bottle of whiskey and a glass in his hand. You must be living through sheer ****!
I'm battling a horrible case right now. I just DON'T have the room for another tank... but my old 44 gallon Hex is still sitting in storage. Some of you here might remember that tank, the old snake tank I had before my bowfront, the one that had all the fungus problems.
Well, now that I sort of know what I'm doing (yeah right.....) I refuse to believe that tank can't be cleaned and sterilized............

wait... what if I used a couple UV sterilizer bulbs???? I cound pick one up to fit one of my smalll lights for only $10.00. I wonder what would happen if I put the tank out in the garage and hit it with that for a couple days? That's a thought...

Anyway, I'm babbling. My point is I have a second tank that I'm DYING to set up. But I don't have the extra $$$ or the extra room right now.

Having MTS sucks, having MTS and owning a second tank you can't use is just cruel....

he he he, thanks, Isabella. It's my girly corner. That's where a friend of mine and I always have our banters.
Armadillo, LOVE the pillows with the kitty and the dog in your kitchen! LOL ;D And as someone else has mentioned: Not bad, but there's still room on the tables l.

COBettaCouple
well, to help you out - we'd be glad to take that tank off your hands.

perhaps a UV sterilizer unit after cleaning it several times with a water/bleach solution, then cleaning it several times with the hottest water you could use would make it safe?

Allie
Yep, it's the untold rule, isn't it? Thou shall not have a kitchen counter.
They are a perfect size for a 10g...if we got rid of the microwave and other kitchen stuff I bet we could fit 5 10 gallon in there. lol

Tazmiche
That's a little like us. MTS can sometimes tie you down (but it's worth it, don't get me wrong, LOL). I'd hate the idea of staying in The Netherlands indefinitely, but if we move country, I imagine the absolute nightmare of moving all our tanks and fish.

I'm afraid that is a thought I won't allow myself to have!!

COBettaCouple
hmmm... that's giving me ideas..

They are a perfect size for a 10g...if we got rid of the microwave and other kitchen stuff I bet we could fit 5 10 gallon in there. lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JLeeM
Replies
Views
ENVIBE
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Top Bottom