Livebearers

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Joe G, Apr 25, 2006.

?

Out of 4 livebearers listed witch do you think is the easiest to breed. ?

1. Guppy

88.9%
  2. Mollies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Platy

11.1%
  4. Swordtails

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joe GValued MemberMember

OK to add your own comment

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Although I find most livebearers equally easy to breed Guppys are what I have the most experience with.
    Carol

3. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

From what I've heard and read Guppys are quite easy to breed.

Gwenz :)

4. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

since the only fry ive seen are from mollies...im gonna say mollies

5. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

From my (limited with livebearers) experience, I have had most luck with swordtails. Ihad a pregnant female guppy, but she died before having the fry. I have had two batches of swordtail fry, one of which is now about half-grown and the other (born on Easter!!!!) got eaten by the mother :(

6. JasonWell Known MemberMember

SWORDTAILS are my fav, to me they look the best. Like some of the Hifin lyretail varieties.

7. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I chose Swords and Platys. Both seem quite a bit hardier than Guppies. Not sure about Mollies, but it seems that quite a few people have had problems with them.

8. wolfman21Valued MemberMember

guppies-all you gotta do is throw a couple in and they'll have babies

9. NevilleWell Known MemberMember

yeah i love guppies too, especially the males, they have beautiful tails.

10. lyndatuValued MemberMember

Although all the livebearers are very easy to breed, I think the Guppy is the strongest breeder. It's also nice to have them breed 'cause they're wonderful fish!

11. MissMTSFishlore VIPMember

I have not had good luck with guppies, but my sister's used to breed like crazy!

12. MasterShake2003Valued MemberMember

I didn't even want to breed fish, but yet still managed to breed guppies. I've had three groups of fry so far with at least 2 more seemingly on the way. I haven't tried swords, mollies or platies. I've had bad luck with swords though. I ordered a Hifin Lyretail sword from Dr. Fosters and Smith and it died 3 days later. I also bought a velvet wag sword from my LFS and he died just a couple days later. Can't quite figure out why seeing as how my water is near perfect.

13. MissMTSFishlore VIPMember

Hmmmmm, seems like you are having the opposite problem as me. my guppies keep dying and my swords are doing really well...........

14. COBettaCoupleFishlore LegendMember

Well, they all breed easy but I think gups are the fastest of those 4 to start popping out fry. Endlers are even better at it though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice