0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Swordtails

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

Just wondering what peoples favorite livebearer is. mine are platys

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

My favorite is guppies, even if they are thought of by most as the equivalent of goldfish (my little sister's friend has one in an unheated, unfiltered, bare, tiny goldfish bowl) because they are hardy and beautiful! I don't want to violate any copyright whatevers by posting some gorgeous pics on here but if you google image search "guppy" or"fancy guppy" you will see some very beautiful fish!

3. joe Member Member

I like Platies because they are very brightly colored and are easy to breed. I have had 3 batches of fry and almost 4, my highfin platy is pregnant. I'm interested to see what comes out ;D

Joe

4. Jason Well Known Member Member

Swordtails are my fav. I'd like to get some Simpson Swords. They're basically hi fin swordtails some also have lyretails.

5. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Okay, that makes me realllly mad :mad: that someone is keeping a Guppy in a bowl! That's kind of funny you say 'equivalent of goldfish' because goldfish cannot for any reason be kept in a bowl, and anyone who is planning to keep one in a bowl will be presented with a nice looooooong list of why not! I have 4 guppies myself, two of them are babies of another. Many beginners keep Guppies because they are told they are very hardy, but unfortunately that is changing due to greedy breeders who breed tons and tons of fish for quantity not quality because they know they can sell them all. I have heard a few of you on here complain about Guppies never staying alive, even in nice aquariums.
    I didn't vote for a favorite bacause I could never choose!

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

It made me really mad too, my brother was like "cool off! its just a fish!"

It also makes me mad when I see a goldfish in a bowl, though it is very common
    By equivalent of goldfish I meant people think of them like they think of goldfish :( just stupid, boring fish that only need a bowl, some fresh water twice a year or whatever, and a bit of lettuce or something whenever they feel like it, to survive :mad:

7. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I'm kinda partial to my red velvet swordtails. :)