LiveAquaria?

bharris0603

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi All,

I am new to the possibility of ordering fish online. I have weighed the pros and cons, and feel (personally) that it would be less stressful on the fish because you are cutting out the middle-man of the Pet Store. Now I just have to decide where I want to purchase from.

I have done a couple of quick Google searches. And LiveAquaria is always the first one to pop up. Which could mean they are either actually quite reputable, or that they have a good relationship with Google. I also don't like to go by reviews that websites pick and choose to post. At least with other products, a lot of reviews are paid reviews, or a product for review trade. So I'd like to avoid that business.

Have any of you personally used LiveAquaria? If so, how did it turn out for you and would you use it again?

I am ready to add two more fish to my tank. But due to the Covid-19 pandemic, my area is in a shelter-in-place order until the 23rd of April. I have little to no patience when it comes to things I am excited about. ****... I can't buy presents for anyone more than a week in advance or I get too jittery to give it to them.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions.

BeardedTetra

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've bought fish from them several times with no problems.

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I haven't, but a co-worker has and has been satisfied with them.

zorianak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oops wrong forum.

jake37

Well Known Member
Reaction score
This is hersey and not first hand experience but i read somewhere they were brought out by some large corp and after the by out their quality went down. A bit of searching sez the buyout was in 2015 so you might check for recent (2018-2019) reviews to see if the buyout had an impact on quality.

bharris0603

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do you perhaps know of any websites that allow you to choose the sex of your fish? Just testing the waters, I added two Powder Blue Dwarf Gouramis to my cart... and it wouldn't let me choose the sex.

Thanks for your feedback so far!

Hugooo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have not used Aquatic Arts, but I have been considering it. The only thing is if you want to buy fish, shipping can get somewhere around $30, so not the best website if you are on a budget.

jake37

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You could poke around ebay.

bharris0603 said:
Do you perhaps know of any websites that allow you to choose the sex of your fish? Just testing the waters, I added two Powder Blue Dwarf Gouramis to my cart... and it wouldn't let me choose the sex.

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
bharris0603 said:

They'll probably send two males. Are you putting them in separate tanks? If not, there's a good chance they'll fight until one of them is dead.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads