Liveaquaria Sexing?

1. myerlemons

myerlemons Valued Member Member

So I've been considering buying some fish from LiveAquaria, because they have good prices and reasonable shipping. However, I read that some species should have certain sex ratios. When adding fish to your cart on LiveAquaria, there are two options. Both are exactly the same pricing and information, with the exception of a number. What's the difference between the two options? Is it to choose different sexes for the fish??? 1053d9c30c529b03e3c9894ef237bef0.jpg

2. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Watching this.

I want to know too.

3. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Unless the descriptions state that they are different due to sex, I would assume that they are different due to size, or batch numbers for different shipments received.

I have heard bad stories about LiveAquaria and Cichlids, but little or no information on other types of fish, so I cannot comment on them specifically. However, I've found that sites that sell a wide variety and relatively common species online tend to be less accurate in the ID of those fish, and requests for specific sexes are generally ignored even if they say they will sex them. I would pay more to get the fish from sites that specialize in certain types of fish. There are at least two who appear to specialize in nano species, and I always see good reviews for Trinsfish and Msjinkzd. Their greater knowledge of the fish involved is also more likely to get you a decent sex ratio.

4. OP
    OP
    myerlemons

myerlemons Valued Member Member

Do you know the name of the 2 sites?

5. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

That was Trinsfish and Msjinkzd, those are the two.