5 Gallon Tank Live plants and inverts in tank with Columnaris

Tots22

I believe my tetras may have Columnaris. 2 died, 3 are still alive. I had guppies in the same tank about a month ago and they all died from suspected Columnaris. I would like to get my nerite and mystery snail out of there along with 2 Amano and 3 live plants. I only have one other tank going right now and do not want to contaminate it. Will moving those things over contaminate it? If so, can I eventually move past this and get them into the other tank safely? How would I go about doing that?

Bruinfishkeeper1

If your fish do have Columnaris then it is safe to assume that all of the other fish have a risk of having it. ALTHOUGH, Columnaris is actually in everyone's fish tank all the time 24/7. It just starts to get bad when the bacteria attaches itself to the fish. So technically there will and wont be cross contamination (if that makes any sense what so ever). For Columnaris treatment i would suggest using a gram negative antibiotic (in fact you have to). I would treat with Furan-2 AND Kanaplex (not either or you must do both. Good luck and i hope your fish recover!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies
Views
Redshark1
  • Question
Replies
Views