0.0%
  3. Monthly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

How often are people using live foods?  Login to vote and see the results.

2. Andreas11292 Initiate Member

Sometimes may sun catfish eats my guppies.

3. Jason Well Known Member Member

I like to give my fish some live worms once a week to supplement their diet.

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I stir micro worms into the multi tank and the 75 just about daily. The neons in the 75 are the brightest I've seen anywhere and I think the live food is why. They also keep the multis in good breeding form. Of course they get other stuff too.
    Carol

5. Shabnam Initiate Member

Ever since I have switched to live foods - i find my tank is cleaner (am not sure why), fish are more friskier and happier.

6. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

I give my fish freeze dried brine shrimp about once a month because when I gave it to them more often it made my tank really dirty.

7. Jimold Well Known Member Member

when my angels get a bit bigger I plan on starting a small guppy tank so i can feed them to the angels! hehehe :eek:
    (I never really liked guppies)

8. tan.b Well Known Member Member

mine usually get some daphnia on a friday as thats when my son goes to playgroup which is just round the corner from a pet shop! very handy!! too handy really as i usually buy fish as well!! however, last week the delivery hadnt arrived so they had no live food at all to buy :(. i get it as its fun to watch them chase it!! also i've heard its good for them! natures way i guess!! ;)

9. Neville Well Known Member Member

i think i'm going to feed my fish more vegetable and less live foods. some of the senior memebrs of this site advised me to do so. worms cloud my water!!!!!!!

10. tan.b Well Known Member Member

11. dsteamn Initiate Member

One of my 75 fw tanks has nothing but livebearers. I have a lot of floating plants in the top and regularly catch the babies to feed to the other tanks. Other than that, I'm a little funny about feeding store-bought live foods to my stock. Depending on what you get, you can introduct a lot of problems into your system. Live brine actually has very little nutritional value, although the fish love it - like candy to a baby. Black worms can contain leeches that can get down in your system. Some live foods can carry diseases. If you use live, always make sure you rinse it first. Frozen will kill any of the bad stuff you can introduce with live. I feed a variety of frozen foods as well as Spectra foods. I've been keeping tanks for over 30 years and its always worked for me. I currently have 7 totalling 400 gallons. They include a salt water reef, salt water aggressive, two 75 gallon fw and several breeding tanks.

12. wolfman21 Member Member

I don't know I guess I just prefer the freeze dried foods. Don't want to take the risk of any diseases with live foods. Plus my fish love the freeze-dried stuff!