Live Food Recommendation For Betta

gregoranddexter1816

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My betta has proven himself to be a skilled hunter! Killing all the little white worms in his new 5 gallon cycled aquarium. Ive wanted to change up his diet to include frozen and live food. HEre are two websites ive found so far that seem promising. Anyone have experience with this and suggest a website?

First is called Algae barn, I'm looking at their Nano Brine Shrimp
Second is called Express Bugs and I'm looking at their Beta Bug Vial, which is wingless fruit flies (I know that cannot be his whole diet I thought it would be fun every so often)

-

-

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know San Francisco Bay frozen food brand has a lot to choose from and my betta LOVES their frozen bloodworms. I can vouch for San Francisco and I know others on here who use the same frozen brand.

You could always try to grow live daphnia in a separate tank as well. Use a dropper to suction them up and drop them in the tank!
Screenshot_20200308-063436_Chrome.jpg

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The "nano brine" is a rip off. Just buy some shrimp eggs and hatch them yourself, it's not that hard.

The fruit flies will be greatly appreciated by the Betta. In a couple of months, you can collect free live food like mosquito larvae.

New Threads